New replacement IRS Diff BALANCED

BLWN46

Established Member
I will be installing the new from ford, irs differential tomorrow. I don't know about the oe unit, but this unit has been balanced supposedly for the vibration problem. (pic below) The backlash was at .013 which has been set back to .0085 (.008-.012 specs). I'll let you know the results. TC
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/16169/irsdiff.jpg

COBRA32

Established Member
How would I get my Ford dealer to order that part and what is the part number. Is their a TSB or SSM# if so do you have them.

BLWN46

Established Member
During my diff replacement, i did notice that the original diff is balanced also, i thought it was something they were doing to possibly cure the vibration. Anyway i have to say the vibration is less than before, maybe because of the MM irs bushings?? The tsb is # 17248 and the part number to order is 241L , the number seems short but it is a production part number, tell the parts guys to type it in and see, it is the complete pumpkin, gears and all. Although my backlash in the new unit was excessive i probably wouldnt tighten it up. Make sure to have the car re-aligned when done since the rear suspension will have to come apart. PM me with other questions. TC

kilroy