New Rims mean NEW PICS! "Darkness"

HoustonGT

Established Member
Well, i got these rims mounted about 2 weeks ago. Funny thing is i got them on special for $409 and then sold my Cobra R's for $350 the same day, so they cost me a whole $59! Gotta love living 8 miles away from WheelReplicas :D

I didnt have time to wax the car or anything so i just hosed it down and dried it, so its not too shiny but oh well. Tell me what you think of the look and whether i should tint the taillights or not ENJOY!

And alittle tweaking of the picture in this last one

scancion

Established Member
All black wheels look good sitting still, but like crap going down the road. Needs a lip.

Ephingahol

Gone to the dark side
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
tint the tails and headlights and youve got yourself one mean looking bitch!

Tom

I was gonna say, PLEASE do NOT tint the headlights and taillights in my original post, but decided to leave my feedback to compliments. I'll say it now:

PLEASE do NOT tint your headlights or taillights. :-D

The fronts look perfect as-is with the reflectors removed, and I think tinted tails are so played out on black cars and look "greaserish" to me.

Last edited:

HoustonGT

Established Member
scancion said:
All black wheels look good sitting still, but like crap going down the road. Needs a lip.
Thats the thing though. It actually looks badass going down the road because you can see the red calipers on all 4 rotors as the wheels spin.
I didnt want to be like everyone else and get a black rim with a polished lip and call it a day. Hopefully i dont see someone else driving around on these around here :(

BTW, Not gonna tint the headlights because i like them too much and lately ive been thinking to not tint the tails either because they create a nice contrast. If i did, i'd do only like a 30% tint or something light.

Last edited:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Not bad. I'm not particularly a big fan of solid black wheels. But if you like 'em, more power to you.

NB99COBRA

shut em down open up shop
Established Member
In general I'm not a big fan of all black wheels, but I gotta admit...that looks pretty good...reminded me that I have to get off my ass and order a mach chin spoiler.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Is it just me, or does the "toe" on the rear wheels look a bit off? It might just be the light...or my OCD...

nice car btw!

HoustonGT

Established Member
image said:
Very Nice. :coolman: Where in houston do you live?
I'm on the west side of town off I-10 between Barker Cypress and Fry Rd

ElGato - Its just the pictures, they make it look different. The car actually looks like it doesn't sit too low in the pics when in realitly its on H&R Supersports all the way around with NO ISOLATORS up front at all. Pretty much slammed...go figure :??:

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
damn i love that look, i wish i didnt have a tan top or i would go for some 18" saleens, with the tan top my dished fr500's fit perfectly.

it should be called vader

Users who are viewing this thread