New rims & Tires

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Got tired of the old Cobra Rs - had them since 1 month after I bought the 01 (my first mod) so I decided it was well past time for them to be replaced with something that has a little more bling, deep dish, 18", and with some better grip out back. After doing a lot of searching and trying to make up my mind whether I wanted chrome again - or change to a black center - I opted for the Ruff Racing 278 chromies with BFG G-Force KDW up front (245/35/18), and the BFG Drag Radials out back (295/35/18). I'm pretty happy with the result :)

Such a beautiful day - love this California weather :thumbsup:

033107_01.jpg

033107_02.jpg

Rears
033107_03.jpg

Fronts
033107_04.jpg

033107_05.jpg

033107_06.jpg

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I wish the spokes flared out instead of in.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Very nice. There different (but in a good way) only thing is im not crazy about the cobra lettering on the front

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
01SVTSnake said:
Very nice. There different (but in a good way) only thing is im not crazy about the cobra lettering on the front
Thanks - I do plan on removing that when I get a new bumper cover next year. Since Ill be moving in August of this year... it will be time to do some further tweaks to the car's looks after that. Right now, my house has this horrendously large bump on the entry that will destroy any low-clearance bumpers (can't angle it in with the stick axel in back - I'm lowered and my fenders WILL grap the tires). Soon that won't be a problem and I can run a 03 front. :)

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
dirty_canadian said:
i like the design... if they were billet, too shiney for me.
The Hyperblack or Jet Black rims would probably be a viable option for you then. I almost went that route - but with so much chrome in the engine bay I decided to just keep going with the theme (for lack of a better reason) :rolling:

THE_STIG

Established Member
You offcially been pimped...

Sorry, I've had pimp my ride on for a good 2 hours.

I like how it looks, something different.

Users who are viewing this thread