New Rotors and Pads?

cobra12003

Established Member
I put new drilled and slotted rotors from sport brake, which are stamped brembro on them . I also had a set of EBC green pads to put on, but my ? is they would not fit (pads) over rotor once in caliper. I spread out pistons fully and cleaned all surfaces flat but they would not fit over caliper!
Anyone else have problem. Too thick pad? Rotor?

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Some of the older green stuff pads needed grinded to fit over the rotor. They came out with a new pad that fit but I still had to grind mine. I do believe also that Brembo doesn't make a slotted and drilled rotor, other companies get the Brembo rotors and drill them. Either way I'd just grind the pad till it fit and you should be good to go.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Is it the front or rear that don't fit? If its the rear maybe you got some GT pads by mistake. If I recall correctly the cobra has a thicker rear rotor so the pads are thinner.

cobra12003

Established Member
FYI
Front rotors, I have rear also but did not make it to them.
Sportbrake.com had good sale on all 4 they are brembo at least they say they are and they are stamped into the rotors with that name and came in brembo boxes.
This co . does the drilling etc. I assume that is why they are cheap.
I had no choice but too sand off some miles. It does seem to have seated in well after some break in stops.
$269 shipped for all 4

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread