New s/c setup, now I've got ?s

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
I was running a stock '00 Eaton with a 6# lower and was seeing about 13 psi almost instantly at WOT, but I recently changed over to a ported blower with a 2.75 upper and a 4# lower thinking that it would net me the same boost. Well, it doesn't...It climbs to 10 psi instantly and then SLOWLY builds till it reaches its max boost of 12 psi. I thought it might have been belt slip, so I installed an idler pulley/bracket setup which didn't have any effect on it. I thought I would see more than 12# with a 2.75, 4#, idler and port. The rest of my mods are in my signature, so please give me your thoughts.
thanks,
-Joshua

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I just installed my stage 3 ported eaton on my L. I have a 4 # lower on mine. I don't have an upper on it. But I noticed a slight drop in boost. Then it accured to me. I might want to check the Boost actuator. I ajusted it and it seems to be working fine Now. Also did you do the boost by-pass mod ? I was reading on the Steg web site . You might want to check it out. There is a section in there were people were reporting a lose in torque. So Dyno Bob did some investigation work of his own...Check it out...

Users who are viewing this thread