New season of Survivorman

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I saw this show for the very first time last night and my wife and I both agreed that it was garbage. I'll take Man VS Wild over Survivorman any day. The guy made the biggest deal out of the smallest things. And if you really think he's out there all by himself, I want some of what you're smoking... Let me ask you this, if he's out there all by himself, how does he get those camera shots of him walking like a 1/4 mile away. What, you really think he places the camera, goes a 1/4 mile away from it, walks for 5 minutes and then goes back and gets the camera??? All while trying to survive??? Give me a break. It's so obvious that there's other people there with him that it's not even funny.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
SWThomas said:
I saw this show for the very first time last night and my wife and I both agreed that it was garbage. I'll take Man VS Wild over Survivorman any day. The guy made the biggest deal out of the smallest things. And if you really think he's out there all by himself, I want some of what you're smoking... Let me ask you this, if he's out there all by himself, how does he get those camera shots of him walking like a 1/4 mile away. What, you really think he places the camera, goes a 1/4 mile away from it, walks for 5 minutes and then goes back and gets the camera??? All while trying to survive??? Give me a break. It's so obvious that there's other people there with him that it's not even funny.
If you had seen them all then you would know that's exactly what he does. There's a behind the scenes episode that shows him bitching about having to set up the camera, get the shot & then go back & get the camera. He does it all twice. He is alone, however there is a crew ready to come get him in case of an emergency. I like both shows but Survivorman is much more realistic.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
lloyyd said:
If you had seen them all then you would know that's exactly what he does. There's a behind the scenes episode that shows him bitching about having to set up the camera, get the shot & then go back & get the camera. He does it all twice. He is alone, however there is a crew ready to come get him in case of an emergency. I like both shows but Survivorman is much more realistic.

Exactly! I remember the one I think that was in the canyon where he went down and back up to get the camera. Occasional he has even left the camera toward the end of his adventure because he is just too tired. I believe every bit of it. Now Man vs. Wild, well thats a different story. To me if you want entertainment watch M vs. W. But for all out survivor and realism I say Survivorman wins hands down.

Last edited:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Bear has drank his own piss, squeezed water out of an elephant turd and drank it, eaten maggots off a rotting fox, and countless other crazy shit. If he wants to stay in a Hilton a few nights, I'm all for it. The show is entertaining and that's why I watch it.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i dont understand how it is so hard to believe that les is out there all alone. i mean, if you were a survival expert, and discovery channel approached you with a nice large chunk of money and said "we want you to do a survival show, but you have to be all alone for 1 week", you would be all like "no, even though im a survival expert, im too much of a pansy to do that, even if you will give me a huge sum of cash"? sure. the guy knows his stuff and gets advice from natives of the area, so its not like he's putting himself into any real danger. he knows what to watch for. there will always be the non-believer extremists that wont have their opinion swayed even if they were out there with him for a week, but if anyone is on the fence, i think the "behind the scenes" should help:
(its in multiple chunks, i didnt upload it)
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
and, for the record, he has help with just one call away. he even tells you that. so its not like he is screwed if he gets hurt. dont try that arguement.

i cant wait for the new season my self. i love the show! MvsW is stupid, everything is so exagerated and a good bit of the crap is useless(why climb up a friggin waterfall when you could climb up the nice dry wall beside it?!?!). its pure entertainment. it takes all the survival crap you see in numerous movies and combines it into 1 hour segments. i want real survival tips.

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
SWThomas said:
Bear has drank his own piss, squeezed water out of an elephant turd and drank it, eaten maggots off a rotting fox, and countless other crazy shit. If he wants to stay in a Hilton a few nights, I'm all for it. The show is entertaining and that's why I watch it.

Sure, I like Les. I started by watching Les on survivorman. I still watch it today. When it comes down to who is willing to dig in and make you feel like they are digging down deep to survive...Bear wins. Last night survivorman was on TV and I watched two shows of it....I've never seen Bear dropped off with a wrecked plane...nor have I seen him with an ice axe...and the things you strap to shoes so you can walk on ice. Let alone the survival blankets and camera tripods and all the other stuff Les uses. Bear jumps off with the basics...a knife...a flint and the clothes on his back. Don't get me wrong, both shows are great...but Bear makes me feel like hes going through hell. Anyone else see the show where he finds a frozen goat or something and he eats its eyeball? To me thats hardcore. For me, Man vs Wild gets my vote.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I get kinda bored after watching a few episodes...so yeah, the guy can build a tent and eat grubs. That's cool, but I'd rather watch something a little more entertaining...actually I'd just rather play halo live

Users who are viewing this thread