New Seats

Shinigami23

Established Member
So it's about time to update my seats. I have a few brands in mind all of which vary in price from affordable to top of the line i.e. expensive. So my question is this. I am looking for reclinable seats with a true Carbon Fiber back. Cobra Misano Lux seats come to mind, but these are obviously in the top of the line category. Any other ideas?

Fitzy_1227

Established Member
So it's about time to update my seats. I have a few brands in mind all of which vary in price from affordable to top of the line i.e. expensive. So my question is this. I am looking for reclinable seats with a true Carbon Fiber back. Cobra Misano Lux seats come to mind, but these are obviously in the top of the line category. Any other ideas?

You could get pro car seats on AM

Shinigami23

Established Member
You know I was looking at those as well. I thought they looked pretty good for the price, I just don't know a whole lot about them from a quality stand point. Does anybody have any experience with Procar's seats?

Shinigami23

Established Member
I know you gotta pay to play but if I can get the looks without the big hit to the wallet then why not. I would probably end up having these re-upholstered anyways if I did get them. More concerned with the quality of the Carbon Fiber i.e. if it is the real deal.

Shinigami23

Established Member
Also this is going to be a show car (someday) so I wouldn't be taking it out for really long drives other than cruising around town on the weekends.

Shinigami23

Established Member
So assuming I go with the Procar Evolutions, I would want to get legitimate Leather/Alcantara. So with that said would it be cheaper to just go with a seat that already comes with that fabric or cheaper to have the Procars re-upholstered?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I've sat in many different procar seats and was never a fan of them. I just didn't like the way they felt. I opted to put Corbeau GTS 2's in mine in leather and suede. After 3 seasons they still looks almost brand new! The quality of corbeau seats is great, I would highly recommend any of their seats to anyone!

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Picture is older from a crappy iphone. Don't have any recent ones.

photo.jpg

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
What kind of fabric is that? Suede?

Yes, its leather and suede inserts. Back when I bought them 3 years ago I spent the same amount on these as what cobra seats were (and probably still are) going for. They are much nicer quality, and the bolstering is awesome. They're incredibly comfortable.

Shinigami23

Established Member
They look comfortable. I wish I could go somewhere in the DFW area to just sit in some of these different seats so I could get a feel for them. Anybody know anywhere in this area that would have seats in store to look at and sit in?

Shinigami23

Established Member
Looking at these from Cipher Auto:
http://www.cipherauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2219&products_id=12684

These from Braum Racing:
http://www.braumracing.com/product/elite-series-racing-seats-red-stitching/

These Procar Evolutions which have the carbon fiber back I want but not the quality:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/procar-evolution-blk-vinyl-seat-ps-7914.html

And the Misano Lux from Cobra Seats which is the top of my price range i.e. gonna be saving a little longer:
https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/products/cobra-sports-seats#1652

Thoughts on these seats anyone? Positives or Negatives to any of these?

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
They look a lot like the 2006 mustang seats they're cool and all and I'm sure they are comfy but how are they at keeping you in place the bolsters look huge

They aren't anything at all like that era of mustang seats.. They hold you in place great, that's why they have big bolsters. You get what you pay for in a set of seats. If you spend 4-500 bucks on a set, they are going to be that kind of quality. Just because they look good in a picture online doesn't mean they are any good after 6 months.

Fitzy_1227

Established Member
They aren't anything at all like that era of mustang seats.. They hold you in place great, that's why they have big bolsters. You get what you pay for in a set of seats. If you spend 4-500 bucks on a set, they are going to be that kind of quality. Just because they look good in a picture online doesn't mean they are any good after 6 months.

Yea my buddy got a set of sve s2 seats and they looked great when they came in but after only 9 months the fabric came loose and the "leather" started to crack and peel off

Users who are viewing this thread