New Shelby article in Speed magazine

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Of course its not a sports car!.. :bash:
A sports car is a Mazda Miata, or Nissan 350Z or Porche Boxter.
Small tossable cars..

This (for the few people that didnt know what to call it ?!?!) is a MUSCLE car!!!!

Funny thing is, I think this muscle car will hand more than a few "sports cars" their asses on all differnt kinds of tracks..
And on the street?? No contest. The Shelby will take no prisoners..

This is all academic anyway, because 99.9% of us wont even be able to take advantage of what the Shelby has to offer (handling wise) on the street.. For those that think you will take full advantage of the handling on the street are either :
A) Clueless (most likely)
or
b) Should not have a driver license.. Since going around turns on the street, at the limit is suicide.

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
Purvis said:
Of course its not a sports car!.. :bash:
A sports car is a Mazda Miata, or Nissan 350Z or Porche Boxter.
Small tossable cars..

This (for the few people that didnt know what to call it ?!?!) is a MUSCLE car!!!!

Funny thing is, I think this muscle car will hand more than a few "sports cars" their asses on all differnt kinds of tracks..
And on the street?? No contest. The Shelby will take no prisoners..

This is all academic anyway, because 99.9% of us wont even be able to take advantage of what the Shelby has to offer (handling wise) on the street.. For those that think you will take full advantage of the handling on the street are either :
A) Clueless (most likely)
or
b) Should not have a driver license.. Since going around turns on the street, at the limit is suicide.

:lol1: Well said, except for the Miata part. I hate those 'little girl' cars. Hey , what happened to the idiot on this board that loved them so much and was a mustang hater ??? God he was annoying.........

jshen

Established Member
Well said, except for the Miata part. I hate those 'little girl' cars. Hey , what happened to the idiot on this board that loved them so much and was a mustang hater ??? God he was annoying.........

He's out with his boyfriend and their poodle...driving the miata.. :-D

Formula51

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
In what country and on what highway/road do you suppose you'll be able to fully exploit the handling limits of a GT500 on street tires?

The great United States of America on a closed road course. Believe it or not there are lots of people who like to attend open track days, autocrosses, or even race in SCCA or similar. I think the car will handle plenty well on public roads, but you will absolutely exploit its limits on the track. Of course you will likely be on race tires. Atleast hopefully!

Users who are viewing this thread