New shifter?

hand-filer

Established Member
My thoughts are that everything prior to this is an afterthought. This is a winner! It also looks like the install would be straightforward.

scott_0

Established Member
after seeing this design, and George's explanation in the video, I believe that the stock shifter, and more specifically the linkage is to blame for many (not all) of the mt82 issues.

beef97

Established Member
I've got the aftermarket motor mounts. When they say lower the transmission, is that going to be an issue? Looks like the trans will have to drop quite a bit in order to replace that linkage and bracket? I'm in for getting one, group buy?

redline5.0

Established Member
Here is what I got back from mgw via email:

the first batch is sold out but the second batch should be available in
about 2-3 weeks if you want to get your name on the list the shifter is
$487 plus shipping and if you are going to core exchange your original mgw
mt 82 it will take $200 off the price.

julie

86Fbody

Established Member
Here is what I got back from mgw via email:

the first batch is sold out but the second batch should be available in
about 2-3 weeks if you want to get your name on the list the shifter is
$487 plus shipping and if you are going to core exchange your original mgw
mt 82 it will take $200 off the price.

julie

A member on BMO bought one and had said it didn't include the rear NVH bracket, wonder if that was an oversight on their pricing. Said it added 45 bucks to the price.

redline5.0

Established Member
A member on BMO bought one and had said it didn't include the rear NVH bracket, wonder if that was an oversight on their pricing. Said it added 45 bucks to the price.

I'm guessing its extra then, they told me I just need to send my shifter back so I will already have the nvh bracket.

Mustangfresk196

Established Member
Duh because its alot better! so trade yours in and get the new one!

It looks like eventually they will be selling the mount on the top of the transmission separately for cheap. To me that would be worth it. Personally it wouldn't be worth the cost and work to upgrade to the newest version. I don't track my car at all. Just enjoy the back roads a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bILpfGaFYMc

scott_0

Established Member
gotta say, not too thrilled they're seemingly charging extra for the rear mount smh, I mean $487 was steep, which I'm willing to pay, but adding an additional what $40 for the rear mount, that's a bit excessive, but I'll still pay it

Last edited:

hand-filer

Established Member
gotta say, not too thrilled they're seemingly charging extra for the rear mount smh, I mean $487 was steep, which I'm willing to pay, but adding an additional what $40 for the rear mount, that's a bit greedy

A lot of machine work and material costs.
And it's not made in China so I'd say it's a pretty good deal. No greed involved in that price.

scott_0

Established Member
A lot of machine work and material costs.
And it's not made in China so I'd say it's a pretty good deal. No greed involved in that price.

yeah, greed is a bad choice of words, but it's bit excessive to charge extra for it, IF we can, indeed confirm they are........

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
I got my shipping confirmation today.

As for the rear mount being extra, I'm not so sure about that. They never mentioned anything about that when I spoke to them.

redline5.0

Established Member
I'm waiting for another email back from julie, If I remember i'll ask about the rear mount. Great part is there willing to sale me the shifter at the trade in cost, send me the new mgw shifter to install and then I can send mine back because it's my only car. Most people wouldn't give me the core charge up front like that.

1proscoe

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing some feedback... I've got more than the $487 into my Barton and Blowfish bracket, would be happy to turn for what appears to be a superior shifter setup...

Users who are viewing this thread