new shoes for my cobra

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
picked up AM's replica cobra wheels. staggered (10.5 inch wide in rear). tires in rear are 315/35/17. factory size in front. used 1/4 spacers in rear and maximum motorsports low profile IRS subframe bolts.
not a fan of their centercaps, but I ordered some different ones. ill post the pics of those when I get em in.
before:
DSC04358.jpg

after:
DSC04404.jpg

DSC04403.jpg

DSC04388.jpg

DSC04407.jpg

leftlane86gt

Established Member
Looks like CRAP but, we all know what would make them look better...lol

Ok....fine.....I'm lying, they look good with or without your lovely wife standing next to them.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
something that always boggled my mind was before I got my 315's, there would be no dirt on my lower quarter panel after cleaning the mach, but once I got my 315's I would get dirt there and would never know why until 2 days ago I figured it out. dddduuuhhh you have wider tires picking up dirt which get thrown onto my quarter panel. Sorry just wanted to put this out there since I seen a little dirt on your's, either way looks good man.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
looks good, but IMO should have went with 18's!
maybe next time

Your stock SVT caps should work with a little duct tape...

SVT_Cap1.jpg

SVT_Cap2.jpg

whoa. i never thought of this. aren't you afraid they will pop out driving down the road? it seems likes at some point you might lose one eventually.

I already ordered some plain chrome center caps with no writing or anything. my plan is to have "SVT" painted on them by a professional. or maybe get an SVT decal done up and put it on there.

i was thinking to be more original, while leaving the background on the center cap chrome, I could get the words "SVT" done in gold to match the racing stripes on the hood. or even white. or just go with plain black. if you can sorta picture what I am talking about.

would look somewhat stock, but with a twist. It might look cool, might look stupid. but if it looks stupid I can yank em off try something else.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
maybe next time

whoa. i never thought of this. aren't you afraid they will pop out driving down the road? it seems likes at some point you might lose one eventually.

I already ordered some plain chrome center caps with no writing or anything. my plan is to have "SVT" painted on them by a professional. or maybe get an SVT decal done up and put it on there.

i was thinking to be more original, while leaving the background on the center cap chrome, I could get the words "SVT" done in gold to match the racing stripes on the hood. or even white. or just go with plain black. if you can sorta picture what I am talking about.

would look somewhat stock, but with a twist. It might look cool, might look stupid. but if it looks stupid I can yank em off try something else.

Once they are in (and snug) they won't come out. The original cap is the best looking.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
maybe next time

Once you tape them & pop them in, you're GOOD!!! :rockon:

03cobraracer

Established Member
damn i have the same wheels and my stock caps snapped right in without anything them, they are actually a pain in the ass to even get them out , they are nice and snug..oh well lol. OP car looks so much better now!

Users who are viewing this thread