New squeek/rattle.. still have vibe,clunk,seat rub..ughhh!!!!!

Pony2NV

Established Member
Have had the car back at dealer four times now in 6 weeks since owning it.. they still have not fixed the VIBE(new rearend to be installed next week, probably still won't fix it) SEAT RUB(again, to be fixed next week..even tho its been there three times to have it fixed.. "parts on order"..yea right) CLUNK (hopeless, right??) and now I've got a new squeek/funky sound coming from somewhere around the back window/rear deck at all times while driving... UGHHH! I want my 2000 Lightning back. My 92 LX doesn't have as many rattles. All this and now they are offering $2500 cash rebate.. should have waited!!! Actually, should have gotten a new Lightning and added a chip and filter and be running same times as this car stock. Sorry for the vent!!!! Someone please offer some consoling!!!

venams03

Established Member
Don't spas out but I have the same seat rub and squeak from the rear window. I'm living with the seat rub cause I can barely it with the exhaust note.

Regarding the rear squeak; I'm almost positive it's coming from the window flexing in the space between the metal and the gasket. I think they did a terrible job on all 03's when they placed the window in and added the adhesive along with the gasket. In fact the middle of my rear window actually has about 2 inches of the molding sticking up where no adhesive was added. I sprayed the hose over it several times and it doesn't leak so again I'm not worried and I left it alone cause the dealer didn't have a clue what to do about it.

Those are small things, try to concentrate on the mechanical problems if any....

Just my .02

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by venams03
Don't spas out but I have the same seat rub and squeak from the rear window. I'm living with the seat rub cause I can barely it with the exhaust note.

Regarding the rear squeak; I'm almost positive it's coming from the window flexing in the space between the metal and the gasket. I think they did a terrible job on all 03's when they placed the window in and added the adhesive along with the gasket. In fact the middle of my rear window actually has about 2 inches of the molding sticking up where no adhesive was added. I sprayed the hose over it several times and it doesn't leak so again I'm not worried and I left it alone cause the dealer didn't have a clue what to do about it.

Those are small things, try to concentrate on the mechanical problems if any....

Just my .02

Should have bought a vert!

Well you could always try this on the vibe I had 12 hrs and 58 miles of testing didnt help but it might you

http://www.lx.net/jlynch/fieldbalance_r1.html

Matt M PA

Established Member
The seat fix may be as simple as moving the seat tracks over. Simply pop off the reaer track covers and loosen the bolts. Also loosen the front nuts. Silde the tracks toward the console and tighten all the bolts and nuts. Worked for me. Otherwise, there is a TSB for this at the dealer.

For info on the rear seat area, look at my previous post "help me find this darned creak". I posted over this past weekend on how I fixed this in my Cobra. It is not the rear window...even though it sounds like it is coming from there.

Users who are viewing this thread