!NEW! Stage II Heads From LFP

mavado007

Established Member
Hey Everyone,

I just picked these up yesterday from LFP. The New Stage II Heads Feature:

5 Axis CNC ported
Stainless Valves
Bronze Guides
.575" Lift Springs For my Stage II (I could have went with stronger springs but I'm not getting Stage III Cams.)
Titanium Retainers
5 Angle Valve Job
Proper Plug Sleeves so I don't puke a plug

When I'm finished and take my stock heads back to Mark, it's a pretty sweet deal. But that won't be until I put enough money together to pick up his Short Block. In the meantime I'll just stare at them in my living room.

IMG_6859.jpg

IMG_6876.jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

IMG_6877.jpg

IMG_6875.jpg

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
That's my thought too, but I'd like to try to pick them up at FFW in Houston. I've got some other 'irons in the fire' that might work out for heads choices, so I'm trying to gather all the info I can - hence the thread insert question.

Herb

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
Does the LFP heads come with the stage II/III cams, springs, retainers?? or do you buy them seperate? how much are we talking about all together?

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
This is what I got from Mark a few days ago:

"Herb,

Flow #'s have been posted on my SV response to your questions. If we use your heads there is a $165.00 savings. Springs are Manley. Allowable lift .575

CNC 5 axis port
Stainless valves
.575 lift springs
Bronze Guides
Titanium Retainers
5 Angle Valve Job

Lift
1.78" Intake Valve
1.452" Exhaust Valve
Proper jackets are installed to eliminate plug issue ( guaranteed )
10 day turnaround. Send heads in we will deduct $165.00 from your total. 2-3 day turnaround on the Eaton when we port........$359.00
Fidanza is in process of making our Adjustable dual cam timing gears. They will be made out of stronger material, will adjust to within ONE degree. Patriot may be selling our's soon. As will many others. Our introductory price will be $399.00
NGK............................................................$14.32
LFP Quick Change upper pulley kit....................$85.00
Cams..........................................................$375.00 ( two )

Mark/LFP
www.lightningforceperformance.com
" Check IT Out "
"

This is in reference to his $1350 Mid-March special for Stage II heads.

Herb

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Not if your using bolts - with studs it may be possible in the truck, but I wouldn't have any fun doing it.

Factory uses head bolts, so removal would not be too bad and I guess you could always set the head on the block and dowels, then thread the studs in like regular bolts. Pulling them off with studs in place would be a bear - those fastener are like 4' long - Ok maybe 10", but they're damn long.

Herb

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Was the brake booster the biggest gotcha? It may not be too hard to pull that without cracking open the lines. Maybe, unbolt the MC and move it over, then pull the booster?

I guess the AC crap on the other side is another issue. My motor is all over the garage, so its not an issue for me.

The motor's not that hard to pull - 1 day, by myself, the convetional way - out the top. The hood stays on and the AC system stays intact. Only issue is coolant EVERYWHERE.

Herb

klrsvt

KB Blown
Established Member
I have the disassemble down to 4 hrs. My bro is a mechanic and I learn from the best. We do all the work to the L., And I have had the motor out 2 times already lol

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Sounds like a story tied to that one... :poke:

What heads did you go with? I'm still 'shopping' - looking at LFP, and Patriot. TEA, Fox Lake, Steen, VT and JDM are out of my price range (like Patriot and LFP aren't too).

Herb

klrsvt

KB Blown
Established Member
Haven't got any yet in the same boat as you but with no information as where to start. I know I want to go with stage 2 cams because it's still my D.D. But as for heads I know nothing yet, and the money is an issue after replacing my stock block with a built one and having this guy I know set up the timing wrong and blew the built block up and boring it out to .30 over and buying new pistons and now this KB i'm running a little short for a month or 2 and then I will be in the market for heads and cams and a factory tech monster box tranny

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Catch me on an email or pm and I'll share the info I've found so far. I've been digging around for stage II heads and cams and it seems like I've looked at every option except local shop. I'm looking at that this week.

I'm going the other way - blew my stock block (#5 rod sheered) and I'm doing block + heads (hopefully) then an aftermarket blower down the road a piece. I want to get the other systems up to snuff first.

Herb

klrsvt

KB Blown
Established Member
I hear ya You have my e-mail address now. When I blew my block I was pushing 18lbs. and 3/4 track first run of the day, it blew one piston into pieces and wedged another at a 22 degree angle in the cylinder, the block was toast

mavado007

Established Member
Mark has his heads built using the new cast so unless your running 22+ lbs. boost you shouldn't have any problem at all. But I think he said for $95.00 they'll have installed the heavy duty zinc time inserts. $1375.00 for the Stage II Heads, $165.00 back for my cores but hasn't happened yet, still saving for short block.

I'm waiting on the new Cam Gears LFP is having worked on, there supposed to be adjustable to less than 1 degree which will be the best system out there. Still undecided on Cams.

Stage II or Stage III Springs and Retainers are installed.

Engine does not need to be removed for installation, but I will remove the engine because I'm installing a short block.

Users who are viewing this thread