New style Kenne Bell BAP

muscleatsrice

Established Member
I recently bought a new BAP. The new ones do not come with an adjustment dial anymore. They use a jumper now which allows the BAP to run at 17.5v or 21v(75% vs 100%). Has anyone has experience with the new style and not running the boost activation switch? Kenne bell warns against running without it. I know in the past most people don’t run the switch and Haven’t had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

muscleatsrice

Established Member
So they warn against not using a switch they no longer use? I think they need to do some updates.

Everyone I know that has ran them had better luck running them wired for 100% all the time and hooking them up pre-FPDM.

No, they warn against running it without the boost activated switch(Hobbs switch). The new ones no longer come with the adjustment dial. I think I’ll be fine. Like you said ppl have been running them with no Hobbs switch for years. I just wanted to see if anyone as experience with the “new” style.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was talking with a buddy that's running a BAP after the FPDM with the Hobbs switch and I wasn't a fan of the logs I saw. The pressure jumped around a lot. He's going to rewire it pre-FPDM.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I had a 40amp vortech bap that I ran pre-FPDM and it was flawless for a long time on my procharged GT and then my cobra. Never ran a KB but the folks that did ran them pre-FPDM too :/

muscleatsrice

Established Member
Pre FPDM is a how I am installing it. The Hobbs switch is the wolf card.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread