New Suspension Part List Questions

97RioRed4V

Established Member
Basically my car has a Vortech and 4.10 gears. What I need is your opinion on suspensions.

I purchased the following suspension parts:
  • MM Caster/Camber Plates
  • Koni Yellow Sport (single adjustable) Struts and Shocks
  • MM Full-length Subframe Connectors

What I would like to add to this is:
  • H&R Super sport Springs
  • Front and rear urethane spring isolators
  • MM Heavy-duty Rear Lower Control Arms
  • Urethane Pinion Snubber

I will not take this car auto crossing. At most, once a year at the drag strip. It will be a nice weather day cruising car.

Do I need:

Option 1
  • MM Front control arm bushings, urethane
  • MM Solid Steering rack Bushings
  • MM Bumpsteer kit, 1994-04 Mustang, tapered-stud style

Option 2
  • Energy Suspension Mustang Off-Set A-Arm Bushings
  • Steeda X2 Balljoints
  • Steeda Bumpsteer kit

Did I miss something or can I skip the options above all together?

cbrown9064

Established Member
Yes...get the adjustable heavy duty rears from MM. You will appreciate being able to give the car the stance you want, versus what the fixed arms give you. Worth it.

If you are not autocross ing, I would not worry about the bump steer kit. I have the H&R Super Sports with urethane isolators and autocross it. I do not notice any bump steer. You could get some urethane rack bushings, that is an improvement. No need for solids. Are your front bushings shot? If not, leave them alone for now.

If you really want to improve steering "feel"' get a MM needle bearing steering shaft. This will tighten things up a lot.

Also, get the MM spring install tool for the fronts. Makes installing the springs a safe affair and easy.

FWIW, my setup is Bilsteins (fixed), H&R Super Sports, urethane isolators, MM heavy Duty adjustable rears, urethane pinion snubber, MM caster/camber plates. It rides pretty good, and handles much better than stock. No bump steer issues.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Personally, I don't see why you'd want to mess with the bushings in the front control arms unless they're totally perished. And if that's the case, often times its easier/almost as cost effective to simply upgrade to 03/04 Cobra front lower control arms. Those arms will also gain you a marginally better turning circle.

The bumpsteer kit and X2 balljoints, also not necessary with the drop H&R SuperSports produce.

The steering rack bushings aren't a bad idea if you're looking for a better steering feel. I have them in my car, paired with a MM solid steering shaft and its one my favorite things I've done to the car.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
You don't need any of that stuff for what you intend to use the car for. I'd get the steering rack bushings though. Other than that the car sounds set.

Users who are viewing this thread