New SVT JRSC numbers!

thefrush

Established Member
Got back from LA earlier this afternoon, what a worthwhile trip! There were several hiccups along the way, but we pushed through them. Sadly, we couldn't get all there was out of the car, as we maxed out the 42lb injectors. But this is far from finished, once my bank account recuperates from this, I'll be back to FS with 50's, and we will finally see what an SVT and a JRSC can really do together. :-D

From what I can see with what we had available, this is really gonna get exciting. Feast your eyes:

p30500096es.jpg

The dyno on the right is the highest hp we got out of it, and the dyno on the left is what I left the shop with.

Both of these are with adjustments made ONLY to WOT A/F. The timing was left as-is from the very first dyno run, and I believe he said it was peaking at 12, but spent most of the time under 8 degrees. Things will get interesting once the car has enough fuel and we can start playing with timing. :rockon:

Folks, the car sounds insane. The car hits a measly 12PSI by ~3000RPM, and holds it to approximately 4250RPM, at which point, the demons are released from the depths of Hell. The whine pitch starts to get higher and higher, until it is screaming so loud you have to cover your ears. Standing behind the car does not give your ears much relief either. No buzzing fart can here, this car ROARS. I will try and get some videos ASAP.

Here's a video with no sound of the gauges. The last tick on the boost gauge is 15PSI. http://www.teamfocusnorcal.com/FSPull.MOV

p30400131ci.jpg

p30400149kt.jpg

p30400383vr.jpg

The man at work:

p30400153sv.jpg

Danny wishing he was the man:

p30400334oc.jpg

It was a long night:

p30400399pi.jpg

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Nice numbers man. Not to mention the clean ass SVTF you have also.. Those rims are tight as hell on a black car. Good racing to ya Bro

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

HTPerformance

Sweet man, are you going to try a smaller pulley with the 50lb injectors? or perhaps a the 5.7" crank pulley that CFM sells? I like the numbers so far, but I know there is even more there.

Primaris

Established Member
HTPerformance said:
Sweet man, are you going to try a smaller pulley with the 50lb injectors? or perhaps a the 5.7" crank pulley that CFM sells? I like the numbers so far, but I know there is even more there.

Look at the PSI he's running.

Nice numbers

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
Yay!
I love you car and wtf is up with the HP+TQ differences between the 2 runs. Never seen anything quite like that :smmon: You make less hp and get more tq? Oh well. Get those 50s in, let em change the fuels maps at the diff intervals, and what kind of bottom you got? stock? Lemme know how long it lasts! :thumbsup:

EDIT: You still running ORP and stock catback?, cause for some reason my ORP+stock catback sounds rice to me.

Last edited:

thefrush

Established Member
HTPerformance said:

I'm hitting 16PSI man. I don't think we need to go any higher. Especially on stock internals and 91 Octane.

doubletrouble, that is due to the final run being a hot run, and heatsoak taking over. We were maxing out the injectors, so we were unable to play with the timing at all. Once I get some 50lb injectors, we'll really be able to see what she's capable of. Yes, I'm still on the ORP and stock exhaust. It sounds killer to me. Really mean.

Here's a video with no sound of the gauges during one of the pulls. The last tick on the boost gauge is 15PSI. You can see the wideband start to lean out up top. That's the injectors flipping us the bird.

http://www.teamfocusnorcal.com/FSPull.MOV

Last edited:

HTPerformance

primaris said:
Look at the PSI he's running.
thefrush said:
I'm hitting 16PSI man. I don't think we need to go any higher. Especially on stock internals and 91 Octane.

Well he only mentioned 12psi b4, so...?

Anyways, isn't the turbo Orange SVT guy from Ohio running 19psi on stock internals??

Your #'s are great, I am just imagining higher torque #'s.

I think you might be able to do it if you fab up an aftercooler (water/air) and heat exchanger radiator type thing to go in between your JRSC manifold and the SC.

Have you measured your intake air temp? I bet it is pretty high.
A setup like this would more than likely lower your intake temp by 80+ degrees so you would be able to run more timing or more boost.
234_1.jpg

Obviously it would have to be fabbed up for yours, but... should go a long way.

http://zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=234

Primaris

Established Member
My point is a stock JRSC produces ~5psi. If he's running ~12psi hes already done pullies.

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
Stock is 5psi!!!!!?????
Man this SVTF info just keeps getting worse and worse. Good thing this car is only temp till I can get another Cobra :(

thefrush

Established Member
03Orange is running 19PSI on 93 Octane. So I'm hoping my 16 on 91 Octane is safe.

HTPerformance, that intercooler is great, but I don't see the benefits being worth the cost. Especially since fabbing it would probably cost as much as upgrading to a different supercharger.

doubletrouble, actually, stock SVT's have 0PSI. Once you add a JRSC, then they have 5PSI. ;-)

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
thefrush said:
doubletrouble, actually, stock SVT's have 0PSI. Once you add a JRSC, then they have 5PSI. ;-)
I meant stock pulley for the JRSC silly ass :nono: But upon re-reading my post I can see where you would infer that it looks like I dont know what Im talking about.

Last edited:

bananabuggy

Established Member
thefrush said:
03Orange is running 19PSI on 93 Octane. So I'm hoping my 16 on 91 Octane is safe.

HTPerformance, that intercooler is great, but I don't see the benefits being worth the cost. Especially since fabbing it would probably cost as much as upgrading to a different supercharger.

Stock SVT is less than zero. It's pulling a vacuum.

MEANSVT

Established Member
doubletrouble said:
Stock is 5psi!!!!!?????
Man this SVTF info just keeps getting worse and worse. Good thing this car is only temp till I can get another Cobra :(

I dont see how it's getting worse for you? Were you planning on modding your car with a JRSC? and FYI the BBK puts out around 10 psi on A JRSC if thats not enough than theres always turbos out there or other intercooled blowers both roots and centrifugal. Turboed SVTF have made well over 300 WHP on the stock block. Id much rather have a fast SVTF then a fast cobra it's less expected and the look on peoples face when you roast them is even more priceless. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread