NEW SVTF OWNER WITH SOME Q's....

KwikSilvr

Established Member
Hello,

I just got done today going through the car and giving her a mjor tune-up after getting an 04 SVT Focus 5 door...

I have a couple questions..

I am hearing some whirring noises will driving faster than 45MPH up front... I have jacked up the front end and checked to see if the bearings were bad, and the tires are tight on there, not loose so I think the bearings are good... However, I need to replace the input shaft seal on the drivers side because it blowing tranny fluis like mad. What could this noise be?

I think the Drivers CV axle is bad too... could this bee the sound.. on hard turns it creaks and crackles... but just normal driving its whirring... A friend thinks its just tire noise, but its somewhat loud...

I need the part number for the CV axels on both sides if possible... I roted and balnced the tires today and the sound is still there so its not bad tire, unless all of them are bad... ha...

I got a drivers side seal coming tomorrow, and I hear this is quite common on these. little cars..

any input would be appreciated...

Thanks...

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
No idea about most of your questions, but for the creaking/cracking while turning I would check the front sway bar end-links as those are notorious for tearing at the top or bottom boot, or both and making a horrible noise. I thought mine was the shocks till I replaced the end-links. They are cheap, like $20/ea through FORDSVTPARTS.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Whirling Noise- same issue with mine.
I have removed my battery cover & never re-installed, so I believe that could be the cause or when I installed an in-cabin filter [requires partial removal of the wiper cowl which I have done to mine].
Go over to the vendors page-
Use Tousley Ford Parts & post your part # questions there. Steve can help you out.
Or try Focaljet website.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
No idea about most of your questions, but for the creaking/cracking while turning I would check the front sway bar end-links as those are notorious for tearing at the top or bottom boot, or both and making a horrible noise. I thought mine was the shocks till I replaced the end-links. They are cheap, like $20/ea through FORDSVTPARTS.

normally i would support buying parts from a sponsor, but not in this case.

the stock endlinks are junk.

Get MOOG endlinks...like 35-40 bucks each, but they are twice the size and have grease fittings....not to mention a lifetime warranty.

VonKaiser

Established Member
normally i would support buying parts from a sponsor, but not in this case.

the stock endlinks are junk.

Get MOOG endlinks...like 35-40 bucks each, but they are twice the size and have grease fittings....not to mention a lifetime warranty.

I'd be interested in the MOOG links but I only trust my Ford dealer to install stuff on my SVT and I doubt they'd install an aftermarket part unless it's Ford Racing or Roush/SVT.

Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread