*NEW* T-56 TOB retainers

dougwg

Established Member
I found them!

Just the TOB retainers

$50.00 + $8.00 shipping

No need to get a $2500 new trans....just because you have a bad or broken TOB Retainer.

Contact BilletFlow or your favorite BilletFlow distributor to order.

Doug
BilletFlow

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I got my first set from D&D Performance but they were exactly the same as the old set and it broke a couple months after install. I end up getting a new tranny, clutch, and shift fork the second time around.

dougwg

Established Member
first "set" of what?

What I am offering is the TOB Retainer.... NOT the TOB

This piece is the tube that sticks out of the trans that the TOB rides on.

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
This is great to know for the future! I just had my TOB replaced, but once its time for a new clutch, im replacing everything. Awesome find Doug!

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
But Ford now has a revised part and you can get it replaced under warranty for free.

:shrug:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My first set was a new TOB and new TOB-R. The D&D TOB-R was exactly like the Tremec pressed in version (i think 4 welds new ones have 8). So I guess I read your post correctly. And that piece on the T-5 is a bolt on. On the T-56 that piece is a press on. That piece can be re-broken if pressed on incorrectly (Ford's directions for install have been updated to reflect the new mounting of the TOB-R).

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobra-Master

Established Member
I got a new transmission two weeks ago and the dealer confirmed that I had the upgraded TOB retainer, and now my TOB is taking a dump on me a mere 250 miles later. I'm at a loss... what the heck do I do now?

I've called the dealer and I'm supposed to take it in within a few days, but I'm weary this will ever get fixed right?

Last edited:

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
CM,
Did you see the tranny when it arrived to see if you had the new piece?
Regardless, Ford dealerships will keep fixing Ford parts they install for a year afte each install as far as I know.
Tremec's priority for the TOB-R was to production on the T-56. They couldn't get them to Ford for spares(why we got new trannys), somehow D&D Performance got their hands on a bunch but the one i was sent was the old version. The best way I know to ID old from new is when you look at the guide or tubular extension observe wher eit meets the base. The older version is recessed and has a crease at the joint. The newer version sits flush with the base and you can't see a crease where the tube and base meet.
If not contact the fella here he has the new ones from what i can tell. Ford has modified the install procedures cause the old press in technique was damaging/weakening the TOB-R after install.
I know this may sound crazy but consider having the joint tig-welded, thats the point I was at before Ford warrantied mine!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread