new tall gripper knob from MGW to help reach and shift effort!!!!

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i have taken the first step in trying to help those with reach and shift issues with their cobras by offering a new taller gripper knob. it works with our shifter obviously but will also work with any setup using the stock threads. it still maintains the same great looks and feel of our standard gripper just an inch taller.

here are some pics...

tallgripper1.jpg

tallgripper2.jpg

oh and i know a bunch of you guys are going in on a group buy for the f'in fast knobs but i just wanted to let you guys know that we can do those on our grippers and race knobs for no extra cost.

if you want a tall gripper you can call in your order anytime. the price is 5 dollars more than our normal grippers and race knobs.

regards
george

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MineralGray said:
What group but are you speaking of??

What kind of prices are you doing?

THERE IS A GROUP BUY ON THE F'FAST SHIFT KNOBS DONE TO THE STOCK KNOB. THIS IS JUST AN ALTERNATIVE FOR YOU GUYS.

OUR GRIPPERS ARE 44.00 AND RACE KNOBS ARE 60.00.

REGARDS
GEORGE

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Who here has a gripper knob from MGW? i didnt liek the looks of it so i bought the composite knob with my shifter that has GT in chrome on top...

Compare the two?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I've had a Gripper and composite (F'in Fast) race knob. Both are very good, but I prefer the race knob. The shape fits my hand very well.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Ok, so what you are saying is we can have the shifter knob in the above pics, but with our stock 6 speed emblem + the f'n fast part instead of the 6?
I am on the group buy for the stock one, but if it falls through this may not be a bad option. You should post this idea on that thread.

stangbuff

Established Member
I have the gripper knob and love it. My Cobra emblem looks different than the one above so it must be an earlier version.

George,

Mine has a chrome base but the new one looks like it's polished..is that a prototype or will they all come that way?

rmgtc01

Established Member
George,

Does the rubber melt after being in the hot car or direct sunlight??
My Steeda one did and would get black rubber all over my hand. I am more curious about this having a vert.

Redhot91gt

Established Member
My friend bought one of those grippers like 3 weeks ago and it was on backorder... And I guess it just cancelled his order automatically because he didnt get billed for the knob.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I have the cobra gripper as pictured up above check out my cardomain site in my sig. Its on the first page. I lOVE this thing! feels great and looks bad ass

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I havent slept in 3 days (Go Navy!) so maybe im reading it wrong. So I figure ill ask a dumb question or two =)

Are you saying you could sell me a gripper knob with the F'in fast insert already in it, or do I have to get ahold of one of those ellusive Fin fast inserts for you to put it in the knob? Im sure you probably wrote it clearly, im just delirous from sleep deprevation =)

IZZY

Established Member
Tampa03cobra said:
I havent slept in 3 days (Go Navy!) so maybe im reading it wrong. So I figure ill ask a dumb question or two =)

Are you saying you could sell me a gripper knob with the F'in fast insert already in it, or do I have to get ahold of one of those ellusive Fin fast inserts for you to put it in the knob? Im sure you probably wrote it clearly, im just delirous from sleep deprevation =)

Subscribing because I'm equally confuse. Matter a fact, I called MGW today, for clarification, but missed them by about 15 minutes.

Evil_SVT

Established Member
MGW said:
oh and i know a bunch of you guys are going in on a group buy for the f'in fast knobs but i just wanted to let you guys know that we can do those on our grippers and race knobs for no extra cost.
That would be great!! I am in that list and I would rather work with you guys since those other ****ers are giving us (100+ people) a hard time to do a group purchase.

Speaking of group purchase can we get a good discount if all of us buy with you guys?

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
SORRY FOR NOT RESPONDING EARLIER GUYS. HOPE THESE ANSWERS HELP...

the gripper knobs come in both silver anodize and triple chrome bodies. the one pictured above is silver anodized not chrome.

the rubber will NOT melt like the steeda. we use a very complex polymer blend and it is VERY tough stuff. it also does not get all soft and gooey in the heat.

we can make this shift knob or the race knob with a laser engraved emblem in the top with the f^&*in fast logo. you do not have to buy anything extra. the knob will come complete.

i will post up a pic on monday of what it looks like!!!

regards
george

Users who are viewing this thread