New terminator owner stupid viper alarm

Elswick84

Established Member
Recently bought an 03 termi 57k miles. Drove 6 1/2 hrs to virginia to pick up. Put on the trailer. Guy hands me this fob that u hook up like a phone that has to be charged. I hate. Then i loaded on the trailer locked it up. Went out the exit of a business and of course alarm goes off. I disarmed the rest of the ride home. Anyways is there any way to get rid of this and go back to just regular ford clicker???

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Sounds like a Viper alarm problem, not a Cobra problem. I think you need to have an installer uninstall it then get new FOBs programed for your car for the stock system.

Elswick84

Established Member
Never even looked into aftermarket alarm myself. Just didnt know if it was somethin with a little info i could do myself.

01yellercobra

Established Member
How good are you at wiring? My old Cobra had a fob that had to be held in a certain spot in order for the car to start. I looked into removing it, but I saw where all the wires went and didn't feel like dealing with it.

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
I bought my Cobra recently and it had an aftermarket alarm installed. I just got under the dash and unplugged it all. Then I got a couple Ford keyfobs and programmed them to the car. Was really pretty easy.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Mine has a Viper alarm I'd like to remove. I'll get to it some day. There are some cut wires underneath there I am not looking forward to repairing.

Elswick84

Established Member
Thanks. How bad was wiring everything back together. Was everything cut right there at the box? And just put those back together? Was just curious as i know it controls door locks, trunk etc

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Im not an installer but have uninstalled a few. Its easy just time consuming. Disconnect battery...step 1. step 2 find the main alarm brain box, step 3 trace and remove all wires related to it. depending on the alarm could take two days. I just did an ex police tahoe, there was shit everywhere in that thing.

The wires are usually just tapped(removed some of the sheath) never seen where they cut them before.

with very little effort you will be able to identify factory harness vs alarm

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
should have bought a Terminator and not a termi. that was your first mistake

Elswick84

Established Member
And i posted a question looking for help and didnt ask for the grammar police to come make a smartass comment sport.

Users who are viewing this thread