New three pedal econobox purchase

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I am now three cars removed from my SVT product. In 2001, I finally got into something reasonable quick, a year old 9K mile Ford SVT Contour, coming from a '92 Sentra sedan with the 5M. Almost seven years later, I fulfilled a personal vow and got a BMW, a 2003 540 with the 6-speed. In early 2012, tired of putting money into an out of warranty Bimmer, at the age of 36 I bought my first new car, an Accord coupe with the V6 paired to a manual. With the lease on that car close coming to term, and wanting to make a road trip next month without going over my miles, I needed a new car.

I drove a WRX three weeks ago, loved it, but Subarus don't lease nearly as well as Hondas. I'd been thinking of going frugal for a while, to allow myself to put money into more responsible places for a couple of years, and ultimately I ended up going with one of the least exciting cars I could possibly have chosen. It still has a third pedal, but that is its only concession to fun. Behold, my not-so-mighty 2014 Civic LX sedan!

Civic1.jpg

Civic2.jpg

Yes, some random asshole bought a Honda Civic, call the Associated Press, better yet start a new thread. :p If this were Smackdown, OP would be, with utter certainty, a ******. :banana: Time to put some money away, and hopefully get back into something nice when I'm in my early 40s and ready to return to the mid-life crisis that I started at 26.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I've ventured down a similar path as you. I won't go through the whole list but I traded my 06 mustang gt vert for my new 2012 ford focus hatch. It was a good idea at the time being I was spending a car payment a month in gas. But now I only live 2 miles from work and I regret selling that mustang every day.

Users who are viewing this thread