New tire advice

Zevox

Established Member
I made one of these a month ago or so but I've changed my mind about getting wheels and just want to run my stock Brembo wheels for a bit longer. So I need advice on the best 275/40r19 to run. Price matters of course but I don't mind paying extra for the good stuff since I'm not shelling out for wheels, too.

So far my options are Hankook V12's, Continental DW's, and I think Falken makes a 275/40r19. I'm open to other options I just really want that size. My car only races in a straight line so that's where I need my grip. Tired of losing to people because I blow my tires off, lol. :bash:

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
How much more are the Contis over the Hankooks? I've had both and much prefer the former.

burke985

Established Member
Pilot SS are out if you want the front and rear diameter to match. I have 19x8.5 on front and 19x9.5 on rear and so far for a decent tire that is not crazy expensive the Conti DW is probably what I'm going to get. I have 275/40 19's on the rear and 245/45 19's on the front. Michelin seems to make every size aside from the front 245/45 and I want the tires to be the same height. So ill probably go with the Conti DW's . I also want an 186+ rated tire so that makes the options even more limited for 19"rims

Last edited:

Zevox

Established Member
How much more are the Contis over the Hankooks? I've had both and much prefer the former.

On Discount Tire Direct they are
Hankook V12- $208
Falken FK453- $218
BFG Sport Comp 2- $231
Continental DW- $246

That's per tire obviously. So for the extra money is the DW worth it?

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
On Discount Tire Direct they are
Hankook V12- $208
Falken FK453- $218
BFG Sport Comp 2- $231
Continental DW- $246

That's per tire obviously. So for the extra money is the DW worth it?

Extra $150 for the Conti's? I'd definitely say they're worth the extra $150. I'll buy them again when I wear out my rear nitto's (staggered). Hankooks felt greasy in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread