new tires at 14k

jeffhou

Established Member
I need new tires at 14k miles and the dealer wont do shit about it. They say the tread wear is normal, NORMAL? The inside of the front tires are bald and the outside has tread, the rear tires all have tread and look normal. This is a crock of shit as far as I am concerned and I cant believe the tire warranty doesnt cover this. So now I need new tires, anyone know a good replacement tire place, for a decent price?
so far I found pirellis(spelling?) at discount tire co for $180, is that the lowest I am gonna get?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Sounds to me like you need a four wheel allignment and a sliding A arm bolt fix. (herb Washers)

Brian

MoonshineBWI

The Tunaking!
Established Member
My fronts are all right - just have to make sure I don't turn to far to the left - if I do I have to turn all the way right to re-align! Back tires have about 1/8" left in the middle!:eek: 4600 Miles!!! I need to rotate soon!! :rolleyes:

BLACK BOLT

Established Member
JEFF , Tell your dealer to F*** there 12,000 mi tire warranty !, Your tires wore from the truck not holding a alignment! Show them the marks on the frame from the A-ARM bolts moving !,And make sure you pull all your wheels off first , and clean and lube up the hubs so they do`nt say its your fault from lack of tire rotation !, Tires do`nt wear (cupping) on the inside from lack of tire rotation ! , So get a set of HERB JACKSON washers and go back to them and teach them about lightning A-arm fixing!
That is under WARRANTY !
JEFF , I just got the same work done on my lightning 14,000 mi , And they gave me the same run around ! , I showed them the washers and they installed them FREE. and I got

2 NEW TIRES
UPPER A-ARMS
LOWER A-ARMS
CAM BOLTS
ALIGNMENT

TOTAL = $1,528.46

ALL FREE !!! ALL WARRANTY !!!

jeffhou

Established Member
thx for the help guys your aid is appreciated I hope I dont have to spend $280 x 4 on tires cause that is really gonna piss me off, but you guys have given me some more arguments to throw at them, you would think they would want to treat my family well, we have bought 2 taurus's, 2 explorers, a windstar, a excursion, a mustang, and a lightning from them in just the last 8 years. I cant believe they would rather loose a customer of our quality than pay for some tires. The really bad part is that this is not the first time we have had tire problems in a ford. 5 taurus tires in 10 months we had to pay it. 2 mustang tires we had to pay for and later found out were on the recall list. 4 explorer tires, lets just say ford needs to get their shit STRAIGHT!!!! its not like i dont change/rotate the tires and oil on schedule, I take good care of my cars, but their damn tires keep falling off!!!

99SVT

Established Member
Man, I got 33000 out of the first set and have 12000 on the second. Don't you know these things cost money. Buy you a set of drag radials and waste the tread on those - a lot less cheaper than the stock meats.

Last edited:

BLACK BOLT

Established Member
Herb Jackson washers
n757782.jpg

Only the driver side frame is slotted , This is where they are installed.

qv98814.jpg

xjmd44

Established Member
TSB on Cam Bolts?

BLACK BOLT,
Is there a TSB from Ford for the Cam bolts? I'm wondering if the dealer will automatically install these on my 2001 L. I've just sent off for Herbs washers and should get them in a few days. Do I just hand herbs washers to the mechanic and ask for the Cam Bolt assy to be installed, when I go in for the alignment?

Any help in answering these questions is appreciated!

J. :D

BLACK BOLT

Established Member
xjmd44 , TSB from FORD Im not sure ? I think all 2001 Lightnings and , Some 2000 and 1999 Lightning came with cam bolts from the factory ? , My 99 needed the cam bolts and I got them free and installed under warrenty!.
As for the ( Herb Jackson washers ) Your Dealership service manager should agree to install them free to fix the front end clunk ! , If your frame bolts look like this already !?.

qv86328.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread