New to AutoX.. Some questions

13GBstang

Established Member
Hey.. Just went to my first scca solo event last Sunday and had a blast.. I already signed up for the next even here but had a couple questions.

1. My mods: Boss Intake manifold, Ford Racing throttle body, Jlt cold air, Borla cat-back, Koni STRT shocks and struts, Eibach sportlines springs, hotchkis panhard bar, and max motorsports camber plates. I also have RTR rims that are an extra 1/2 inch wider than stock butbi have the stock 255 pirellis on them. I was put in the class STX but wasn't 100% sure why that class was picked. Is that the class I should be in?

2. It's my birthday today and was trying to figure out a good gift to give myself so I decided on a set of tires or a set of rims/tires dedicated for racing. I have the brembo brakes so I understand I can't put anything smaller than 18s on the car. If I change my tires would I still be in STX? If I get a set of tires to put on my RTR wheels they would also have to be good for a summer daily driving tire. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys

Viking42

Established Member
You'll want to check the rulebook The Sports Car Club of America - Solo but I believe 255 is the widest tire you can run in STX. RWD cars can run up to 275s, but that will bump you up to STU. Also, there are rules regarding the treadwear rating to run in the ST classes.

Since you are just starting out it'll be a good idea to focus more on the driving, than on modifications. Something like an RT-615K, Nitto NT05, or Kumho XS would make a good dual use ST class tire/summer road tire.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
Your probably in STX because of the engine and suspension mods. I would learn how to drive the car on your current tire setup, then when you get better upgrade your tire. When that happens I would get a good dual purpuse tire, trust me you do not want to swap tires twice at the track everytime to go.

Users who are viewing this thread