New to columbus

SVTLink

US ARMY SCOUT
Established Member
Hi. I just moved down to fort benning from fort Knox KY. I was wondering if there any good shops near Columbus or am I just better off heading towards Atlanta? Also, is there any get togethers around Columbus? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jay

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

And yes I know it needs a drop.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Pretty limited on shops around here...I would head up towards Atlanta if I were you. There are a few get togethers that I have seen, but not really taken part in. Sunday evenings I've seen quite a few Mustangs at the Sonic in the Columbus Crossing Shopping Center...near HHGregg. Friday nights at the Target parking lot on East Bradley Park drive as well. Other than that, not a whole lot going on aside from a bunch of highschoolers in rice burners on Veteran's Parkway. The 1/8th mile stip in Phenix City is pretty happening on Friday nights as well. As soon as my slicks arrive and I get some alignment issues worked out on my '98GT I'll be heading back out there in my quest to get into the 7's.

Beautiful pictures of your car...you should think about lowering it.:beer:

Last edited:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Welcome to GA. Dont know about meets, but for shops, the closet one you are going to find with a great reputation is either Injected Engineering in Woodstock or Kurgan Motorsports in Braslton near Road Atlanta.

SVTLink

US ARMY SCOUT
Established Member
Thanks for all the good info, I'll be sure to stay clear of the hs meets and try the 1/8 mile in phenix city. Any more info on the track? Where's the closest 1/4 mile around here?

I'll be sure to hit up injected performance. Thanks again for the info.

Oh and yes it does need a bad drop.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Phenix City 1/8th Mile: $5 entry fee for military and $15 track fee if you want to race during Test and Tune or Grudge Night. You can look up the number on the Internet and I suggest you call prior to driving over there as sometimes they close for no apparent reason. The track is average...a little slick at times, but it's close and a good way to have some fun and test your car. Watch out for the hustlers trying to con you into racing for money unless you get to look in their engine bay first because there are a few funny guys that show up out there. Lot's of rice to bash on too! I'll PM you the next time I go over there...hopefully next Friday night.

The closest 1/4 Mile strip is Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA. It's about 50 miles east of here. Get on Highway 80 and head east and you can't miss it. I haven't raced there, but they have some big time events so I imagine the facilities are pretty nice.

Freedom

Established Member
A lot of high schoolers and rice around (thanks PTAP) but Britt David Park parking lot usually gets a few decent older guys with good cars along with the kids, so dont rule it out, in fact if you want to hang out some weekend let me know. PM me for number. Also, Amazon Tuning in Anderson SC isnt too far, I wouldnt let anyone here in Columbus attempt to tune it... I do know a couple good mechanics that are really easy on their prices though if you need one.

bornatiger

Established Member
i would be interested in those mechanics:thumbsup:

its hard to trust anybody around here when it comes to cars. especially modulars.

btw, my cousin owns a stereo shop in town if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread