New to F150 5.0 coyote trucks...Couple questions

BSB318

Established Member
I traded my Mustang for a 2014 f150 coyote powered 5.0

Just to compare the 5.0 engine that was in my 2013 mustang gt vs the 5.0 engine my 2014 f150 has can someone clarify fully the differences ?

From what I was told and correct me if I'm wrong the mustang comes with tube steel headers vs trucks cast iron exhaust manifolds , mustang has 11.1 comp vs truck 10.5 comp , the mustang has the same exhaust cams as truck but different intake cams or vice versa or both cams are different from the truck vs mustang.

Other than that both share the same block , heads , intake manifold , oil pan , same forged crank , same powder forged con rods and same hyper pistons.

If I missed anything or got anything right or wrong please let me know.

Thanks

mechanicboy

Established Member
Different intake cams, pistons, oil pump, exhaust, MAF housing size and you have piston oil squirters with oil cooler while the 13-14' mustangs do not (except some have oil cooler).

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Ford itself cannot decide if oil squirters are good or bad:). The 2011 Mustangs had them, then they removed them sometime in 2012. The Boss 302 didn't have them. The Trinity GT500's did.

Oil squirters aren't a bad thing. Like any other option, they have their pluses and minuses. They keep piston temp down, which is important in forced induction (all Ecoboost engines have them) as well as other high load applications (towing). The trade offs include (but are not limited to) higher cost, some horsepower loss due to increased windage, and increased oil pump volume requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread