New to forum..lookin for cobra...opinions??

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum. I have loved mustangs since the first time I ever heard that famous 302 sound. I finally have a little cash to put forth towards one. I am having a hard time deciding for my first stang whether or not I want an older foxbody 91-93 possibly 93 cobra or go for a 95-99 cobra. I know all the different motors, horsepower readings etc. I just want to invest my money wisely. I am specifically looking for a Red 97 or 98 w/ black leather with lower mileage and hasn't been beat to death. A few bolt on's are good. Basically I just want some opinions. I know I could find a good fox body for 5k to 7.5k but am willing to spend a couple thousand more for a cobra. I have been looking for months and am just undecided. I would love some pro's and con's for a first time owner. What to stay away from etc. I found this 95 on EBAY that seems to be immaculate and I ended up with high bid but he wants considerably more. This being last year of the 5.0 would be a collectors item I would imagine. This is exactly what I want I just can't justify 16k. Tell me what you think about this car and any other advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Frank
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=2483549049&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

mystic venom

Established Member
have to agree with you 16k seems a little high, probrally trying to get a little money back from his mods that he has done, you can find them cheaper!

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
I agree, have offered him 12 but he isn't willing to go that low. Seems to be cherry though!! Anyone else have opinions or advice? Frank

toddbtodd

Established Member
i would suggest whatever car you can find for the best deal. Be patient!! Check in autotrader constanly, and call on many cars...All body styles from the Fox's to the 94-95s, to the 96-98s have different things that make them enjoyable, they are all good cars.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
All are great..But if your the type of person who can't keep from fidling with your ride,get the 5.0L....The 4V Cobras are awesome(just sold my 96),but not much you can do to the motor cept juice or boost...All the other stuff like exhaust,gears,pullies,ect. is doable though...Just depends on your budget...

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Last edited:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
dano i love that song!!!!

anyway i wouldnt pay 16k for a '95 unless it was SPOTLESS with maybe 2 miles on it... my friend sold his for 6k, black, 95k miles, and it was a good looking car, then he bought a '98 for $13k with 58k miles. just look and be patient. out here there is a mustang trader and it has almost nothing but cobras:D
JD

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Dano
Here's one near Phoenix. I've talked to the dealer, and he told me the first $10K would get it. Sale has ended, but I think he still has the car. He even faxed me the Carfax Report. It's build # is "2." Click on the SVT Cert to see the number ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=2482102870&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Item number: 2482102870

I'd sell you mine, but I want a bit more than that (and it's not cherry):

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/must2.htm

Yeah I have been watching that 95, only problem is I am in VA. That would be quite a trip, LOL. It does look to be clean and in good shape though. I like the idea of a 95 being the last year of the 5.0. That's why I am so partial to the one I put the link in here for in PA. Only 29k and already setup exactly the way I want. Just can't justify 16k. If he would take 12-13k I would go get it this weekend. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I have looked at probably 300 cars in the last week or two all over the internet. Frank:shrug:

Neko

THE ANTI-RICE
Established Member
i found mine in autotrader as well, took one night after a different vert deal fell through, so after a 12 pack, and a bunch of cussin, i found mine, went to drive it the next day, 2 hours away, then 2 days later, went to pick her up. and havent regretted it since. my vote is for a 4 valve.

KillrCobra

Established Member
Get an ls1. :D

If you can find a low mileage 93 cobra then I would go for that. I love my 4v, but I've always wanted a nice low mileage fox.

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Dano
that would be a nice cross-country drive. Stop in here in San Antonio, and I'll give you a free dinner.

Thanks Dano, might just have to take you up on the dinner, LOL. We'll see what happens, I am about to go crazy wanting one so bad. Just want to make sure I make the right decision.

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Neko
i found mine in autotrader as well, took one night after a different vert deal fell through, so after a 12 pack, and a bunch of cussin, i found mine, went to drive it the next day, 2 hours away, then 2 days later, went to pick her up. and havent regretted it since. my vote is for a 4 valve.

Been there and done that with the twelve pack. I bet I have looked at the same issue of mustangtrader 15x while consuming many cold ones. It just kills me though this car is so bad(the 95 from Ebay that I gave the link in my first post), wish I just had money to blow. LOL Frank

mystic venom

Established Member
Originally posted by LBZ-COBRA
Been there and done that with the twelve pack. I bet I have looked at the same issue of mustangtrader 15x while consuming many cold ones. It just kills me though this car is so bad(the 95 from Ebay that I gave the link in my first post), wish I just had money to blow. LOL Frank

dude I know what you mean when I was overseas I was deadset on a crystal white cobra so clean 36,000 miles immaculate. That car sold before I could get the money wired I was unbearable to be around for a week. Sounds like you know the car you want though! You may not live with yourself if you don't do it.:D

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by mystic venom
dude I know what you mean when I was overseas I was deadset on a crystal white cobra so clean 36,000 miles immaculate. That car sold before I could get the money wired I was unbearable to be around for a week. Sounds like you know the car you want though! You may not live with yourself if you don't do it.:D

I know I have talked to the guy quite a few times about the 95, even got his home address and was thinkin about ridin up there and checkin it out with no money in hand just to see it in person. I know if I go up there with money I will buy it and break myself and the bank. Its 364 miles away from me but I could do it in a day if I leave early, LOL.

On a different note, what about that car, it only has 29k, has always been garaged but rarely drove, do you think that may have hurt the car some from not being drove but a couple miles every couple of weeks? If I spend that much money I want it to be perfect. Frank

mystic venom

Established Member
well when I bought mine in 2002 it only had 26,000 miles on it in 6 years so it wasn't dirven hardly any and I haven't had any problems with it. I'm sure you'll break her in, no I don't see any problems.

later

o yea I would go take a look at it, u never know if the guys sees you drove 300 miles and are serious he may come down a little off of the price. It's much more personal than email or phone, I'd say go take a look at it. just my .02 though

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
yeah I think he is willing to negotiate a little but not much. I love the looks of the car but I can find a clean 99 with decent mileage for 15-16k. I am looking at one right now in Fl. on ebay for 13k. I just like the looks of the 94-98 so much better though. decisions, decisions, Frank

Users who are viewing this thread