New to me 2013 GT500

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Well I had a 2012 GT that I bought new when they came out, but sold that about two years ago and picked up a 2011 C6 Grand Sport. I ended up throwing a cam/headers in it and a few other mods and brought it up to 467/427. I moved from NY to Florida and took the Corvette and my DD Cruze with me, but since there is no snow here and my commute to work went from a 100 mile round trip down to 15 I no longer needed two cars but I didn't want one car with no back seat.

So here I am with a 2013 GT500 (it was between a new Challenger SRT, used CTS-V, or the GT500). Of course it rained last night when I picked it up and rained this morning when I drove to work (hasn't rained here in weeks). I do love it so far and I'm excited to get some baseline dyno #'s on it and start to figure out how to get traction. Maybe it's because the wheels were wet, but it seems like that could be a challenge in these.

I have to admit, it was pretty funny that the dealership did some sort of unveiling ceremony for a used car, but I'll add the link to the video if you want to laugh

Anyway, here's some details:
2013 GT500
SVTPP
Track Package
Recaros
24k Miles
All Stock

IMG_3694_zpsmlewtjgg.jpg

IMG_3696_zpsmwm2owic.jpg

IMG_3704_zpsyitcovon.jpg

IMG_3706_zpscgq6nwao.jpg

IMG_3705_zpsnk6f82ft.jpg

IMG_3702_zpscjptsocj.jpg

IMG_3712_zps3mnrf13e.jpg

IMG_3711_zps0ndcvlpg.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qekMo1MqmA

Snoopy49

Established Member
Congrats with the car, you will love.
Traction starts with different tires. The Goodyears are dangerous in cold and wet conditions. Michelin Pilot® Sport A/S 3 & Pilot® Super Sport seem to be good tires for a daily driver. I have A/S 3 tires on my car and feel a lot safer when passing and accelerating in traffic.

Good luck with the car.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Congrats with the car, you will love.
Traction starts with different tires. The Goodyears are dangerous in cold and wet conditions. Michelin Pilot® Sport A/S 3 & Pilot® Super Sport seem to be good tires for a daily driver. I have A/S 3 tires on my car and feel a lot safer when passing and accelerating in traffic.

Good luck with the car.

Thanks a lot. There was a brand new set of the GYs on the car when I got it, so either I'll find someone that wants them or just burn them up and pick up MPSS next

Eblue2002

Established Member
Just joined myself and first time poster. Nice looking car. I just bought one myself this week after selling a Corvette last week. Small world. Mine is the opposite color scheme (white with blue stripes), all options except the removable roof and Recaros. Mine's a 2013 with 21.8k miles. It also qualified as a Ford certified pre-owned, which I thought was a nice add on as far as warranty. If you don't mind me asking, what did you give? I gave $50k even. Everything with less than 10k miles seemed to be $55+ and everything over 30k miles seemed to be down in the mid to upper $40ks. Just wondered since you are similar years, miles, and options, if my pricing was good or if I got taken.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats and awesome color combo. When you're ready for tires put some 315 NT05Rs on. The car is so much more fun with traction.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Just joined myself and first time poster. Nice looking car. I just bought one myself this week after selling a Corvette last week. Small world. Mine is the opposite color scheme (white with blue stripes), all options except the removable roof and Recaros. Mine's a 2013 with 21.8k miles. It also qualified as a Ford certified pre-owned, which I thought was a nice add on as far as warranty. If you don't mind me asking, what did you give? I gave $50k even. Everything with less than 10k miles seemed to be $55+ and everything over 30k miles seemed to be down in the mid to upper $40ks. Just wondered since you are similar years, miles, and options, if my pricing was good or if I got taken.

Your purchase was on par with mine I paid $48k

Congrats and awesome color combo. When you're ready for tires put some 315 NT05Rs on. The car is so much more fun with traction.

Did you go with 315/35/20? Stick wheels or wider?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Your purchase was on par with mine I paid $48k

Did you go with 315/35/20? Stick wheels or wider?

You can run the NT05Rs on stock wheels, they bulge a little but still handle perfect. I'm on my 2nd set

Novtec1

TIE Fighter Pilot
Established Member
Welcome to the club... what everyone is saying about the tires is soooooo true. And yes the mod bug will bite very hard.....

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
congrats! my buddy has exact color combo as yours, his car makes good #'s he put down 740rwhp with just long tube headers/ x pipe, intake and tune. he put michelin pilot sport tires on it aswell its like a whole new car, the stock tires were scary for the stock power nvm more lol

RBB

Established Member
As everyone else said, change the tires. Nitto 555R is also a good choice. You'll get more mileage out of them than the NT05R and if you do happen to get caught in the rain you'll make it home. Traction is excellent, though. I have no problems sticking 700rwhp in 2nd on the street.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Ok so it looks like tires are the main consensus. I'm surprisingly happy with the shifter. I changed the shifter on my 2012 GT to a Barton and my C6 to the MGW. This shifter doesn't bother me. Transmission is smooth, no 1-2 grind, and the clutch feels nice

railroad

Established Member
Please be careful til you change tires. I went with Toyo 888s stock size on the rear. They cost more than the 555s, but they are better. I have run both.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Please be careful til you change tires. I went with Toyo 888s stock size on the rear. They cost more than the 555s, but they are better. I have run both.

Yeah I'll have to be. The grip was much better in dry weather. When I went to pick the car up and take it for the test drive it was raining and partial throttle in 3rd gear was spinning lol

Mainn

Established Member
Sounds like the grip situation on our car before the GY's were taken off a couple of weeks ago...except that would've happened in the dry! Warmer temps and a completely dry road helps a bunch when it comes to getting traction from the stock GY's.

Very nice car! Looks good. Have fun in it! :)

99VERT

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride! The stock Goodyears suck below 65 degrees but over 75 and some heat in them they actually work pretty well. I have the Nitto 555Rs going on tomorrow as the temps are starting to drop here in Atlanta. Once late spring hits I will throw the Goodyears back on! Gears, Exhaust and a little more boost and the car is perfect! just my .02.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Congrats on the new ride! The stock Goodyears suck below 65 degrees but over 75 and some heat in them they actually work pretty well. I have the Nitto 555Rs going on tomorrow as the temps are starting to drop here in Atlanta. Once late spring hits I will throw the Goodyears back on! Gears, Exhaust and a little more boost and the car is perfect! just my .02.

Yeah I had some decent grip today in the 85 degree heat. Second grips pretty well I spin a little in first especially around 3500-4k when the boost kicks in. Probably do some suspension work before I up the boost

Speedboosted

Established Member
The stock tires are fine when warm. So many people think they can just back out of the garage and romp and it and expect it to stick. I hook 2nd with 700 whp on them when they're warm, just have common sense. People also give the stock shifter a bunch of crap...while it's not awesome like an MGW or Barton, it's not bad. I'm still banging gears just fine with the stock shifter. Finally, nice price! Nice refresher from the usual sellers that want high 50s and low 60s still, for their used one....

Users who are viewing this thread