New to sight production question

Wickens404

Established Member
Hi I just purchased a 14 gt500 how do you find out the sequence or the number your car was produced? I believe my car was a very early production build date was 3-25-13 any one have a build date close?

Kel

Established Member
Hi I just purchased a 14 gt500 how do you find out the sequence or the number your car was produced? I believe my car was a very early production build date was 3-25-13 any one have a build date close?

Congrats on your purchase! Go to: http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_...61408&store_id=1&dept_id=1150&product_id=6878 And you can get your Ford GT500 Certificate for $45.00 which will tell you "This vehicle is #xxx of a build of 4816 coupes and is #yyy of zzz manufactured in your color".

Wickens404

Established Member
Thank you for your reply. I have looked at That sight . I thought there was a way to find out by the vin number what number your car was built? Also is there a sight that shows a sequence of vin numbers a registry of owners?

Kel

Established Member
As you're probably aware the last 6 digits are the sequence code (consecutive unit number), but that's for all vehicles produced at that location, not just our Shelbys. I don't believe there's a way to find what you're looking for - they don't have the breakouts that the old Marti reports do (hopefully some day), at least not yet even though they have the capabilities to do so. There's a user, I believe named Matlock on here that was/is a Ford employee that used to get more detailed info than was available to us. You could also check teamshelby.com, they have a registry although it's not public, you have to join up ($$), etc.

Clemson

Established Member
10428377_10152488639776368_6371257499127284267_o.jpg mine was 24th off the line in terms of Shelby's.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thank you for your reply. I have looked at That sight . I thought there was a way to find out by the vin number what number your car was built? Also is there a sight that shows a sequence of vin numbers a registry of owners?
You can order a Deluxe Build sheet from www.shopfordgear.com item # 39416, $ 46.00. These used to break down the MY to your VIN, but have been reformatted to stop @ the color. There are people on this site with the information you're looking for, but they don't share it with everyone..

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
That is the certificate you want. You can also order a window sticker if you didn't get it with your vehicle. If you are a Mustang Club of American member there is a pretty good discount on those items.

I don't believe you are a super early build. 14s started in Jan 13 as I recall and were done about Dec 13. It was a very early and short production run.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread