New to site....

blacksnake98

Just traded my BMW M3 in for a 2002 Lightning. Haven't felt the same since I sold my 98' Cobra a couple years back, so I've managed to return to Ford, even after owning the Ultimate Driving Machine. It's awful good to be back, and I'm looking forward to reaquainting myself with SVT performance.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
Welcome back to the Blue Oval!! You will love that truck!!:thumbsup: What color? how many miles?? pics???

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Ultimate driving machine? Do a search and you'll find plenty of posts where a L has smoked an M3. I am one of them.

blacksnake98

Thanks for the welcome guys. As far as color, it's silver, the exact name of the silver, I'm unsure of. It has 18,900 miles on the clock. Here's a couple pics...

2240lightning2.jpg

2240lightning1.jpg

2240lightning3.jpg

Pretty much just a stocker with a hard cover, but I'm diggin' it.

OH-MAN

Established Member
Nice pickup there hellrot BMW's are nice cars and are ballanced well.
Thats why we like an old farm truck that hauls ass and handles quite nicely for being too tall, too heavy, too much front end weight ect. It's so fun to suprise most everyone on the road.:eek:

IEatGT's great avatar:thumbsup:

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Hellrot --> Welcome to the board and welcome back into the blue. You will love your L. You'll really love it when you start modding and picking up some more power/torque.

What was the best your 98 ran?

Again, welcome!
Rob

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Welcome

Welcome to the boards and like everyone else wait till you start modding your truck you will love it. I went form a bone stock L to a highly modded L and I can tell you there is a huge diffrence and I love my new one better than the stock one.

By the way my first one was silver, now I have black.:rockon:

blacksnake98

Thanks, it's good to be back. I'm sure I'll be modding sooner than later.

00SVT, I ran the 1/8th a couple times one summer, but never got any decent numbers. Never would hook. High 8's and low 9's were the best I ever got if my memory serves me correctly. I should be able to confirm that, I know I've got the slips her in my office somewhere.

I've got a question. I'm not going to be towing anything anytime soon, do you guys recommend yanking the hitch off?

OH-MAN

Established Member
Originally posted by Hellrot
Thanks, it's good to be back. I'm sure I'll be modding sooner than later.

00SVT, I ran the 1/8th a couple times one summer, but never got any decent numbers. Never would hook. High 8's and low 9's were the best I ever got if my memory serves me correctly. I should be able to confirm that, I know I've got the slips her in my office somewhere.

I've got a question. I'm not going to be towing anything anytime soon, do you guys recommend yanking the hitch off?

Yep extra weight you don't need, but it does let the rear come up a tiny bit . Looks way cleaner in back.

Users who are viewing this thread