new to the Focus scene

Sonicblu0311

Established Member
Lancaster (village), New York, United States
Hey guys, I've been on SVTP for a while now and I just branched out from the Terminator side to getting a Focus ST as a daily. Out of curiosity, where does everyone go for parts and such. I have seen places like focusstshop and fswerks, are there other bigger places?
So far I have had the car for 6 days, it's a 2015 Tangerine Scream Metallic ST1, I have a Cobb drop in filter, CP-e stg 1 RMM, and a MBRP t-409 stainless exhaust. Anyone got any pointers on what is the best route to go after what feel like the basic initial mods... thanks again, looking forward to talking with more than just Terminator owners.

einehund

Established Member
Welcome to the Club! I personally use Edgeautosports as they are somewhat local to me and sponsor local stuff. That being said, many MANY ST owners I know run the AP tuner (little more functionality than the SCT x4) and swear up and down that the tunes really wake up the car. I am TRYING to be patient and not mod the car because I fully intend to have one of the first RS's in Colorado and don't want to throw money at the ST, only to turn around and throw money at the RS.

Nuked

Established Member
Accessport with a tune from one of many reputable tuners and a front mount intercooler. Those two things will really wake the car up and should put you solidly around 250-260whp on 93octane with low to mid 300ft/lb tq.

I personally went with a tune from Justin @ Freektune and a Steeda FMIC. I previously had the Ford Racing Procal tune and while it is nice, there is no comparison to an Accessport and a tune from a tuner. Much smoother power delivery and alot more functionality/expandability.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
The steeda fmic is a great bang for your buck piece.. I'm going to lower mine first in a month or so then buy my fmic from steeda

Jon96cobra

Established Member
I have been looking at the Mountune and FRPP for tuners. I don't want to worry about voiding the extended warranty I have on my ST. I have purchased items from Edgeautosport, CJPony parts, FSWerks, and they are great places to shop a local shop I have also gone is http://www.trueblueracingparts.com/ The also run a special at the Carlisle all Ford Nationals doing the installs on the fairgrounds.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I have been looking at the Mountune and FRPP for tuners. I don't want to worry about voiding the extended warranty I have on my ST. I have purchased items from Edgeautosport, CJPony parts, FSWerks, and they are great places to shop a local shop I have also gone is http://www.trueblueracingparts.com/ The also run a special at the Carlisle all Ford Nationals doing the installs on the fairgrounds.

if you tune the car whether it be with FRPP or mountune youre extended warranty on your engine/drivetrain will change. It changes the warranty from a 5 yr 100k to a 3 yr 36k. You will still have your ESP on everything else covered but the drivetrain warranty is technically VOID. You get a new warranty from FRPP of 3yr/36

Nuked

Established Member
When I had the FRPP tune I purchased from True Blue at that time they had the best price around on it. CJ Pony parts aka Spooltunning has always been good to me as well. No complaints there. Steeda always has some good sales around the different holidays, so keep an eye out for those. Mountune stuff is nice as well since most are honored by Ford for warranty purposes. Randy tunes for Mountune, I would personally go that route over the FRPP tune if warrany was a concern. Only other thing off the top of my head would be a shifter and shifter bushings. Stiffens up shifts nicely.

SQ

SD_Stang

Established Member
Hello I'm also new to Focus scene from my research it looks like Mountune and Cobb have some nice parts and packages that work.

Chris@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys, I've been on SVTP for a while now and I just branched out from the Terminator side to getting a Focus ST as a daily. Out of curiosity, where does everyone go for parts and such. I have seen places like focusstshop and fswerks, are there other bigger places?
So far I have had the car for 6 days, it's a 2015 Tangerine Scream Metallic ST1, I have a Cobb drop in filter, CP-e stg 1 RMM, and a MBRP t-409 stainless exhaust. Anyone got any pointers on what is the best route to go after what feel like the basic initial mods... thanks again, looking forward to talking with more than just Terminator owners.

Send me a message whenever your ready! I drive a focus st myself and can help you out with anything your looking for!

Users who are viewing this thread