New to the group!

RumRed

Established Member
Hello from STL I'm new to the group. Definitely not new to StangLife !! I have a one owner 95 and recently got a 97 svt with 86k miles! One problem the hood was basically demolished I've got a aftermarket fiberglass hood that Did Not have the vent inserts!! Drop me a line if you or someone you know has a pair!! Thanks and glad to be a part of the group!!!!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on joining. How about sharing a few pics of the cars. Don't be a stranger to the SN95 section!
As far as the scoops go, there are some aftermarket ones on eBay. $200 shipped with the grills as well. Just search for "98 Cobra hood scoops"

I have 1 OEM scoop, but it is cracked/broken, from when I blew a plug out the head.

RumRed

Established Member
Congrats on joining. How about sharing a few pics of the cars. Don't be a stranger to the SN95 section!
As far as the scoops go, there are some aftermarket ones on eBay. $200 shipped with the grills as well. Just search for "98 Cobra hood scoops"

I have 1 OEM scoop, but it is cracked/broken, from when I blew a plug out the head.
Thanks I did see someone reproducing the same vents with a larger opening for 275. a pair

Attachments

• s-l400 (3).jpg
    s-l400 (3).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 107

RumRed

Established Member
Gpaw 72 fastback.jpg first car I got behind the wheel of Grandfathers 72 fastback! One owner he was Ford factory employed 36 years.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks I did see someone reproducing the same vents with a larger opening for 275. a pair

If I recall, the hole is closed off under the hood anyway. I wouldn't worry about bigger holes. Grab the OEM appearing ones for $200

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice rides. That 97 def has aftermarket wheels and headlights, looks like a.slight lowering too.

RumRed

Established Member
If I recall, the hole is closed off under the hood anyway. I wouldn't worry about bigger holes. Grab the OEM appearing ones for $200[/QUOTE]
I just looked at the 200$ pair the bigger opening size would be able to see the LED lights better and the diamond thinner grill looks better! I can't believe what summit is trying to sell as vent inserts!!!

Attachments

• s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

RumRed

Established Member
Nice rides. That 97 def has aftermarket wheels and headlights, looks like a.slight lowering too.
The wheels I was kinda thinking the same! Lowered? You think so? Headlights I installed those last weekend with the LED inside the hood vents. Sorry I Don't consider anything other than engine trans and axle when I talk stock or mod..

Users who are viewing this thread