New to the MAF which one to pick?? SCT BA 3000CFM, or 2600CFM

armyavnguy

Established Member
So dropped my car 2002 Mustang GT off on Tuesday at CD performance in Fall River Mass and Chris there is installing a full Vortech V1 supercharger kit. I called a Dyno shop in NH to see if they could do any adjustments to the car and a once over on the dyno after eveything has been installed (They work with SCT which I already had the handheld tuner before the supercharger). He told me the first thing is if it is the stock MAF then you need to upgrade the MAF to SCT because the stock one will peg out! He told me to go with SCT because thats what they use and the dyno is where I am going to take my car for tuning and dyno... My question is what one to get? I don't plan on making gobs of power and want to keep my car are a healthy but safe tune basically at all times, so which one from SCT's Big Air selection would best benefit me? 3000CFM meter, 2600CFM meter or the 5000CFM meter? Or does it really matter just as long as I up grade it?:shrug:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Are you draw thru or blow thru?.. If you're draw through get a 3000 or 2600 either or.. If your blow thru get a slot style like the 5000

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
You want to properly size your MAF to your power goals.

A correctly sized MAF would use 80-85% of it's range.

The BA2600 would be your best choice if your Vortech kit uses a draw-through factory style sensor.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You want to properly size your MAF to your power goals.

A correctly sized MAF would use 80-85% of it's range.

The BA2600 would be your best choice if your Vortech kit uses a draw-through factory style sensor.
Correct.

I would personally just run a MAFIa. That way you can adjust it to your needs.

armyavnguy

Established Member
Draw through... Car has 70,000 miles and my goal for power is anywhere between 360-390hp and safe tuned is more important to me that a load of HP because it is stock internals.... And will the addition of a Power Pipe a mod required of a tune? Thanks guys for allt he imput and advice its my first dip into the boost world and want to know all I can from peoples input.

armyavnguy

Established Member
I looked at MAFia but the place tuning and dynoing the car perferred that I get the SCT because thats what they use and its the type of handheld I have.... But does that really matter???

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I looked at MAFia but the place tuning and dynoing the car perferred that I get the SCT because thats what they use and its the type of handheld I have.... But does that really matter???
No. All the SCT MAF's do is adjust the headroom by altering the resistance and it has to be adjusted for it the same in the tune anyway.

The difference is that if you go too big with the SCT MAF, you will loose resolution down low and sacrifice driveability.

With just a V1 the 2400 would be plenty. It can easily get you to 650 RWHP.

The MAFIa will do the same thing but it will allow you to adjust it to your car. Also if you decide later to up the boost you can always turn the dial up.

If your tuner doesn't know how to tune for the MAFIa, I would find another tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread