New to Virginia

pbeechner

Established Member
Hey Everyone, wondering if any of you guys can tell me some pros and cons of living in Virginia. I just got a job offer in Fredericksburg and would probably live close by. I also have a job offer near home and I'm trying to decide between the two.

Anything you guys can tell me from personal experience living there or anything you've hear, I would be grateful. I'm leaning toward the Virginia job now and I'm trying to confirm my decision.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I realize its not technically Mid-Atlantic region, but I would be in Northern Virginia and probably spend a lot of time in Maryland, DC, Delaware, etc.

Last edited:

SirJAG

Established Member
very stiff penalties for speeding....i hated it there. anything +20mph over the speed limit is auto reckless driving, anything over 80mph period is reckless.

lots of traffic, but not too bad where your living. i was in fairfax. its almost a police state at this point...

but you have to do what you need to do to support a family!

JAG

Last edited:

SVT DAN

Established Member
I moved to va from md. Best shit ever. I'm 30-45 minutes south east of Fredericksburg depending on traffic flow of route 3. I feel more...... Free in va then md.

vortech1120

Established Member
I live in Stafford and the traffic sucks when you live by I95 and people are assholes on the road. I daily my cobra so im not going to take risks on the road, and theres always assholes flying up to my bumper and cutting me off if I leave a car length in front of me. The jobs are good for the most part but I dont see myself here in 4 years...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Bought my Boss from Roser supercenter in Fredricksburg. Moved to northern VA in 2011 and lived on Fort Belvoir. Now I'm in Woodbridge off the 156 exit. Biggest pain in the butt is the unpridicable traffic. Being from California, NOVA is way different. As far as liesure activities living social can help you out. They have a living social building in DC that offers plenty of cool classes. I took a brunch cooking class with my girlfriend (bottomless bloody marys and mimosas!). There are plenty of cool things to do here its just a matter of finding them.

Users who are viewing this thread