New track times, curious....

AMD[H]unter

Banned
Hey guys...I figure I will follow the trend here with yet another thread about my times.

I went to the track 2 weekends ago, and was able to run a best of:

[email protected] with a 1.81, and a [email protected] with a 1.83

My mods are 2.8 upper, CAI, full exhaust (no cats, Magnaflow mufflers), no suspension mods, 315 555R's at 18PSI, and a Steeda Tri-Ax.

The 2 runs were the last of the day,, so the car was warm, but not heatsoaked. I was launching at 3100 or so, basically coming of the clutch fast, and flooring the car. I am going to bring up my launch RPM some on the next outing, but I am going to do the same burnout (4 seconds).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j469CZwGs0"]YouTube - 7.80 @95[/ame]

What do you guys think I could do better?

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Not bad i usually pull 1.7x's slipping out around 4000. 275 nittos 15 psi. Try a longer burnout 5-10 seconds.

Last edited:

AMD[H]unter

Banned
Not bad i usually pull 1.7x's slipping out around 4000. 275 nittos 15 psi. Try a longer burnout 5-10 seconds.

Yeah, it's got more in it, because my runs were getting better as I was usign a higher RPM each run. I never found that peak, you know what I mean?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
AMD[H]unter;6212365 said:
Any other opinions?
Yeah, I think it's excellent for a non-ported setup. Very decent ET's with those 60' times and awesome mph with your setup. I know we've talked in the past about the RSD's, but do you have significant weight reduction?

AMD[H]unter

Banned
Yeah, I think it's excellent for a non-ported setup. Very decent ET's with those 60' times and awesome mph with your setup. I know we've talked in the past about the RSD's, but do you have significant weight reduction?

No weight reduction other than the RSD (I did end up making one, but it was not in at the time) and the jack and spare tire out of the car. 3/4 tank of fuel, too.

I am hoping that I can get down to a 7.7X this coming weekend, and I know with my MPH and with a slick of some sort I could get below that.

I would be a high 11 with this setup, right?

04streetvenom

Established Member
AMD[H]unter;6212490 said:
No weight reduction other than the RSD (I did end up making one, but it was not in at the time) and the jack and spare tire out of the car. 3/4 tank of fuel, too.

I am hoping that I can get down to a 7.7X this coming weekend, and I know with my MPH and with a slick of some sort I could get below that.

I would be a high 11 with this setup, right?

Definately looks to be high 11's with where your are in the 8th. :thumbsup: Nice times, I'm getting closer to that but I have got to cut a better 60 first.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
i have 555R's and i cut a 1.77 in the freezing cold. 20psi. you have the really heat those things up or as you found out it just does nothing when you dump it.

Rviscosi

Established Member
Thanks, how much weight does that remove and is it mainly in the seat back or the bottom? I'm guessing the bottom doesn't remove much at all.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Thanks, how much weight does that remove and is it mainly in the seat back or the bottom? I'm guessing the bottom doesn't remove much at all.
The full factory rear seat assembly, (bottom, back, head rest), weighs 42.2 lbs. The typical rear seat delete kit weighs around 10 lbs so you'll save about 32 lbs. However, if you're a frequent track user, I'd recommend an RSD kit that can be easily removed at the track as well.

Here's the one that I use. Weighs 7.8 lbs and can be removed in approximately 10 seconds.......

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Nice times and I'm sure you have more left in it. I was amazed when I realized how high you need to launch these cars to get them to move. You would think with all the torque they make that they wouldn't need to be launched that high. Even on nittos at full weight I was launching at 4500. Don't dump the clutch though, just come off of it very quick and smooth while mashing the throttle.

musclefan21

Established Member
i cut 1.71 60' on 275 nittos smooth as slicks with no threads on them. track prep was good but you just can't dump the clutch on nittos with that much torque. just rev it high as F8LSNAKE mentioned and slip the clutch. by doing that, you will be sending the hp to the wheels one at a time instead of all it once and avoid loss traction.

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Iv hit 7.8's a few times but on my nittos iv only managed to muster high 1.8 60's at best from just a lil too much spin or a lil too much bog haha i need a sweet spot .. my best 1/8th mph has been 96.0 as well haha but iv had much trouble with heat soak with my stock H/E set up ect , so iv done 1/8th mile passes at the beggining of the night that look like yours and then when the 1/4th has been up im all heat soaked ant i loose alot of MPH and a tenth on the 1/8th : (
Like i didnt know it was 1/8th mile one day and i ran a 7.80 @ 96 then was dissapointed to not know know my 1/4th ET ,then the rest of the night they were running 1/4th and my car was just bogging ass running 12.1's 12.0s @ 111 -112 and my 1/8th mph was way down to 90mph : ( i ordered a new H/E ad am getting rid of the stupid gridding in front of my H/E that these roush bumpers have , they block alot of air flow

Users who are viewing this thread