New Tranny, Now car is down on power. Need Advise.

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Just had a new tranny put into my car today. The new one got messed up when the clutch went out. Anyway i go get the car to day and now the car feels like it is way down on power and i can't figure out why. The said that they didn't change anything else but it feels like i lost about 50 horse. Anyone have any ideas of why this is. Fill free to reply.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
maybe you are trying to feel or listen to your car now, and you notice it.

I do that all the time. listen for an exhaust leak or something and then i notice something else or just think the car feels wierd.
give it a coupel times out.

my only other coment would have been that maybe they took out a couple cylinders or some boost to give to one of us N/A guys so we can keep up with you:rockon:

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Originally posted by no_slow_svt
maybe you are trying to feel or listen to your car now, and you notice it.

I do that all the time. listen for an exhaust leak or something and then i notice something else or just think the car feels wierd.
give it a coupel times out.

my only other coment would have been that maybe they took out a couple cylinders or some boost to give to one of us N/A guys so we can keep up with you:rockon:
Thats funny.:beer:

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
How?

How did the first clutch and tranny go? Racing?

If the motor free reved really high when the first clutch or tranny broke, just maybe one of the VALVEs hit the pistons. It happened to my bro when he broke 3rd gear power shifting it while drag racing.
Don't know your exact cause. But that's what can happen.. Then the car looses power because the INTAKE or Exhaust valves are leaking...

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Re: How?

Originally posted by Brett T '03
How did the first clutch and tranny go? Racing?

If the motor free reved really high when the first clutch or tranny broke, just maybe one of the VALVEs hit the pistons. It happened to my bro when he broke 3rd gear power shifting it while drag racing.
Don't know your exact cause. But that's what can happen.. Then the car looses power because the INTAKE or Exhaust valves are leaking...
No, the first clutch went because it was misadjusted from the factory, so they replaced the clutch, flywheel, tob, and clutch cable. Then they got it back together and then i had a real bad vibration so they replaced the tranny. The vibration is gone but the car just feels weak.

Users who are viewing this thread