new truck

Green92notch

Established Member
just taking a vote if you had 1000 to 1200 to spend on a beater 4x4 truck what would you get.... i dont know what would have less stuff go wrong with it when im beating the piss out of it on the trail or mud hole.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
74-79 f-250 4x4. I would probably lean more towards the 78-79's with true power steering, they aren't as high, but thats what sawzalls and lift kits are for.

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
Toyota.

I had a 1988 Toyota Pickup with 33's and I beat the piss out of it. When I sold it it ran like a champ.
Damned right! Those toyota's are ****ing troopers! I have a friend who has 600,000 miles on his. Granted he's had it rebuilt twice but hey. :bowdown::bowdown:

Green92notch

Established Member
thanks i had a 91 f150 that i beat on and droped the tranny have any of you heard or had a suzuki samuri??? i hear thoes are good off road trucks?

kaostik

Established Member
cherokee

i bought one last winter for $900 with 190k miles, and no one did a damn thing of maintenence on it before i got it....original shocks and everything. it still ran like a beast. i put a grand into it fixing a few odds and ends, and i put 4k+ miles on it in the winter without issue. kicked ass in the snow, too.

i sold it recently to my dad, and he's jacking it up.

id buy another one

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
just taking a vote if you had 1000 to 1200 to spend on a beater 4x4 truck what would you get.... i dont know what would have less stuff go wrong with it when im beating the piss out of it on the trail or mud hole.

1980s K10 Silverado. Put 33s on it and hit the mud. Can't stop the things.

Green92notch

Established Member
i cant find any toyotas for cheap... the resale value on them is too high and would like to stick to domestic.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
67/72 ford f100 highboy. meh, nevermind. you're in ohio. if you did find one i'd either be rusted to hell or a million $$$. they give them away in the northwest though. and if you can't fix one with a screwdriver, bfh, or crescent wrench it probably can't be fixed.

GT_Jim

Established Member
I would say an '80's fullsize pickup, built tough and old enough that they are still easy to fix if something does go wrong.

sixt5

Established Member
all you thinkin your gonna get a decent yota for 1200 bucks need to open your eyes. the v6 engines are not valuable at all since they have headgasket problems and get v8 fuel econemy. the 22r/22re with the 5 spd is the way to go but if its anything like here, you cant find em !!

Users who are viewing this thread