New turbo build done. guess on hp/tq?

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
just got done with my turbo build. this weekend my buddy colin and i are gonna start working on the tune. once it is done i am gonna find a dyno to put it on, figure id make a post see what everyone thinks it will make. here are the specs of the build.

factory 03 cobra long block
CG fab ceramic coated single turbo hot side
billet wheel PTE 7675
twin 46mm precision wastegates
tial q 50mm bov
sct ba5000 slot style maf
105lb injectors
fore innovations return fuel system w/ twin 465's
6 speed with mcleod RXT clutch
Boost leash controller with co2

plan to run 22lbs with 15/16 degrees of timing on E85.

24vuqg6.jpg

zl54ox.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If you can get a little more aggressive with the timing, I think you will get there.

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
ahhh, yes it is kinda low. id like to break 800 wheel and try to be as conservative as i can be. like to try and be as reliable as possible as this is just a street car and would LIKE to avoid being on the side of the road with a hurt motor! LOL :pepper:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I have a 3V with a Garrett GT4094R Ball Bearing Turbo 1.06 A/R on E85. With 12 psi using a progressive timing scheme 15 to 23 degrees, I was at 701 HP.

lilmarauder

Established Member
ahhh, yes it is kinda low. id like to break 800 wheel and try to be as conservative as i can be. like to try and be as reliable as possible as this is just a street car and would LIKE to avoid being on the side of the road with a hurt motor! LOL :pepper:
Just wanted to say the car looks fantastic. This gives me motivation to get mine finished. It should make great power through the 6 speed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I can see over 800 pretty easily.

When I was 6 speed/stock engine I used a Turbonetics 78/75, and on 21 psi with pump gas/torco it made in the 780's. Your turbo should out flow that one, and with having e85, I can see you making quite a bit more. Especially if you are on a dyno jet. Mine was on a mustang dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread