New Update

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
Hey guys, for those who don't know I took an alternate path regarding the 03/04 Cobra spoiler. It's a replica based off the factory molding, just doesn't feature the 3rd brake light. There's a lot of negativity towards this spoiler because it doesn't look like it should and I agree. As happy as I am with it, I do feel it doesn't look right without the brake light. It's a good alternative for somebody like me whose not trying to go all out with my car, but complete it at the same time. Well, I finally got my car back after a long wait and I was able to snap some decent pics yesterday.

Questions/Comments are welcome. And yes, a chin spoiler is coming soon as well as a new set of rims.

P1080042.jpg

P1080043.jpg

P1080044.jpg

P1080045.jpg

P1080046.jpg

P1080047.jpg

P1080048.jpg

P1080049.jpg

P1080050.jpg

P1080051.jpg

P1080052.jpg

P1080053.jpg

Nick_B95GT

Established Member
sweet ride man,,i think it looks fine without the brake light,,,,sets it apart from others with the same spoiler w/brakelight

70Maverick

Established Member
Missing light doesn't bother me at all. I think it looks fine. I could not have that where I live as it would fail inspection.
Would you share how much money you saved vs. a used OEM piece?

What bothers me the most is the crooked black sticker on the rear bumper. The top doesn't line up with the fake vents at all. I would have to pull that off were it mine, Which it obviously is not. LOL.
Sweet looking ride.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Revolator

Outlaw Star
Established Member
sweet ride man,,i think it looks fine without the brake light,,,,sets it apart from others with the same spoiler w/brakelight

It looks good on red:beer:

i also think it looks fine. good looking car

Missing light doesn't really bother me, it still looks good.

you bastard, i had to log in to tell you that you car is fawkin sick :bash:

haha, thanks guys I appreciate all the comments. It means alot coming from you guys! Especially you CobraTerritory :bowdown:

Can't you get pulled over for not having a third brake light?

Hmm, I'm not too sure on the Florida Law for a 3rd brake light. But we're able to get away with a lot down here. I've seen plenty of ricers with re-shaved trunks where they have minimal tail lights, let alone a brake light. Hopefully it won't be a problem but I'll let you know if I get pulled over :burnout:

Missing light doesn't bother me at all. I think it looks fine. I could not have that where I live as it would fail inspection.
Would you share how much money you saved vs. a used OEM piece?

What bothers me the most is the crooked black sticker on the rear bumper. The top doesn't line up with the fake vents at all. I would have to pull that off were it mine, Which it obviously is not. LOL.
Sweet looking ride. Thanks.

Thanks, the spoiler I bought from ABCExclusive.com was ($169.95) + ($40) for shipping = ($209.95)
I took this from a price quote posted from Tousley Ford: 03-04 Cobra Spoiler ($427) + 3rd Brake Light ($124) + Shipping (~$20.00) = ($571) give or take a few.

So ($209.95) vs ($571) for just the spoilers, not including paint, labor, etc. Thats a $361 difference that could easily go towards something else.

I'm sure it'll vary how much more you'll have to pay based on your body shop. If I had a buddy that would've done it next to nothing, I would've gladly bought the factory spoiler. Being as I don't, I chose aftermarket.

mav_tu

Established Member
Can't you get pulled over for not having a third brake light?

F.S.S. 316.221(1) said:
Every motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, and pole trailer, and any other vehicle which is being drawn at the end of a combination of vehicles, shall be equipped with at least two taillamps mounted on the rear, which, when lighted as required in s. 316.217, shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of 1,000 feet to the rear
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2009->Ch0316->Section 221 : Online Sunshine

Users who are viewing this thread