New Upgrades.....Things that make you go WOW 2...

dustin88lx

Established Member
I just installed almost all of my suspension mods.....

UPR Double Adjustable Panhard Bar
UPR Double Adjustable Lowers
UPR Sway Bar relocation Brackets..

I am still waiting on doing the upper as its going to be a little bigger job than I thought and would like to have it on a lift to do it.......I will definatley post up pictures tomorrow....It was a pretty easy install a lot of measuring......

I also have a set of Weld RT-S 15X10 on the way with Hoosier 275/60-15's on the way...don't worry they are wider than they look by the numbers. I am still working on the 17x5's as they are a bit more expensive. Already have the Zex blackout kit standing by for install.....

From just what I have put on the difference is incredible on take off....

Before on the factory tires, the supercharger wouldn't do anything through 1st gear and start to kick in in second gear......

Now it does exactly what it was doing on the track after a hard burnout and launch, it stalls for a second then pulls all the way through first with the supercharger screaming...I am expecting to pick up some big time on this setup especially when I get the upper on there and can adjust the pinion angle exactly where I want it....along with the wheels and tires..:rockon:

I would definatley reccommend before you go absolutely crazy on your motor invest in these parts, I definatly consider em the most bang for the buck when your looking at dropping time off your ET.

If you call jeremy over at UPR I'm sure he will even hook you up with a deal on a package buy.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
question on your wheels setup...15x10, that clears the rear brakes?? and 17s on the front??

dustin88lx

Established Member
question on your wheels setup...15x10, that clears the rear brakes?? and 17s on the front??

The rear brakes will have to be changed....You can use the rotors and caliper brackets off any 05-10 Mustang GT for the swap and retain your factory caliper. The 15x10 has a 7.5" backspacing which is what Weld racing reccommended.

For the fronts the 17" is real close on what they consider a high pad wheel which gives the most clearance. It will be really close but I anticipate having to use a 1/4" spacer which will be fine for now.....

Believe me it was crazy tracking down all this info, I called everyone to get it. I know I won't have any problems out of the rear it is the front I am worried about.

flyby763

Established Member
Why not a wider tire in the rear? With a ten inch wide wheel you certainly could have done it. I had the same 275 tire on my 11 GT and it worked well though.

dustin88lx

Established Member
15x10 inch wheel is still within street class and its really all thats necesary for the cars power output..my buddy that helps me adjust my car runs 1200+ hp on a 8.5 in tire. Runs outlaw events all the time. I considered going with a 11 but decided against it.

Users who are viewing this thread