New Vette going Euro

Graboid

Established Member
turbo not supercharged. could potentially be awesome

Ya sorry Turbo. I dont know, I guess it could end well but they need to look into better quality in the builds. I know they can't get hand made quality but come on. It will be interesting how much lighter it could be dropping all that weight up front.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Pretty sure this was covered already not two weeks ago.

Nobody wants a peuny motor in a corvette, thats un-american. Might as well but a 4banger in it. High revving motors are for eurofags, honduh ****, sportbikes and form000la un.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Pretty sure this was covered already not two weeks ago.

Nobody wants a peuny motor in a corvette, thats un-american. Might as well but a 4banger in it. High revving motors are for eurofags, honduh ****, sportbikes and form000la un.

I bet it sells though.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Mark my words... The corvette will be the next car everyone will be ricing out....
What a bad idea
Thats retarded, Corvettes even basic ones are still around +45k (GM website has a 2011 MSRP for 49k).
How is a 45k car going to be riced out by everyone? Specially if the mind set is to get economical.
I see the v6 mustangs as the vehicle to rice out since they are half the price of a vette.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Thats retarded, Corvettes even basic ones are still around +45k (GM website has a 2011 MSRP for 49k).
How is a 45k car going to be riced out by everyone? Specially if the mind set is to get economical.
I see the v6 mustangs as the vehicle to rice out since they are half the price of a vette.

It takes 30K to get into anything descent anymore... 45K isn't that big of a stretch for an average asshat to afford really.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Its still a V8....and turbo motors respond well to mods. Plus they will still offer big V8 options...I think its a win/win.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Its still a V8....and turbo motors respond well to mods. Plus they will still offer big V8 options...I think its a win/win.

pretty sure they wouldnt still offer a big displacement n/a V8 while offering a small displacement turbocharged high revving v8 at the same time. Thats too much model diversity in one lineup, and if they did the cost of each car would rise due to splitting an entire model lineup in half and splitting all the manufacturing processes and whatnot that goes along with it. Anyone that works in a mfg environment knows theres a big difference in selling 50,000 units of one product with one configuration and splitting it into two 25,000 units of totally separate configurations.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...7-whos-ready-turbo-high-revving-c7-vette.html

pretty sure it was covered in this tread, but the whole idea behind a small displacement high revving turbo motor is to market it towards a younger generation. The reality behind it is the vette is adored by younger people, but younger people cant afford it, which is why the vette has been and always will be synonymous as a mid-life crisis car. Old guy mid 50's gets a windfall of money, kids are moved out, wife is off doing her own shit, he buys a vette. Id love to have me a C6, but no ****ing way will I ever be able to afford even a used one.

Plus all those geriatrics that want one, usually do because its a big n/a v8 and it shares that sort of nostalgia that goes along with it. A small turbo v8 that revs high? Yeah, not gonna appeal to many but the people who think high rpm's = better motors.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I will laugh if it has a dohc and a power adder...

Then we can look back at all those arguments about pushrods and such and we can chuckle

blueovalfan

Established Member
I don't know why they would go this route with the vette, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the LSX's.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
T-Bolt, yes they do. I get up to 30mpg highway from my C5 Z06.

These are the effects of the new Government Motors, they're just going to copycat all the eurotrash around them. The death of the Viper, Next will be the Vette. Hopefully I can add a C6Z to my stable and keep the last two greatest cars GM ever made.

Looks like i'll be sticking to Ford after that for any new cars. Either that or keep finding older models lol. Luckily I'm not brand loyal.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
What ever happened to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? As far as I'm concerned the Vette isn't the one that needs any drastic changes.

Users who are viewing this thread