New Vidieos

Primaris

Established Member
I added the latest video from my last trip out to the Nashville Super Speedway. There was a real low turn out so there is not much action on the clips, except for the video of session three.

Click some ads while you're visiting, helps with the bandwidth.

*Link is in my signature :uh oh:

Last edited:

bluestreak89

Established Member
Your car sounds like a beast. Looks like a lot of fun. :burnout:

I just watched session 3 and your car was definitely much faster in the turns. Your probably awesome on an Auto-x.

Last edited:

Primaris

Established Member
Yea I like the MBRP exhaust it sounds great above 4k, but the car is close to stock execept for shocks, exhaust, KN drop in, and plug wires.

Believe it or not in the class the SVTF runs in, “G” stock, it is severely out classed. The Mini cooper S’s have almost as much whp, a limited slip diff, smaller dimensions, and are lighter so they pretty much dominate the class.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Primaris, your vid. rocks man!!!! Talk about making a New SVTFocus owner (me) a believer..... My only mods are Ported TB, and CAI... Time to work on suspention (lol) nice driving skills bro, thnx for sharing the vid.......... :)

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
Primaris said:
Yea I like the MBRP exhaust it sounds great above 4k, but the car is close to stock execept for shocks, exhaust, KN drop in, and plug wires.

Believe it or not in the class the SVTF runs in, “G” stock, it is severely out classed. The Mini cooper S’s have almost as much whp, a limited slip diff, smaller dimensions, and are lighter so they pretty much dominate the class.

Hard to tell being in the car and listening to a recording, But with that MBRP exhaust does it stat to sound ricey??? I love how the stock SVT sounds like its about to sound like rice but doesn't. Sounds really good from outside listening to it go by. I wish it was louder though, not fart can loud but louder. How is that MBRP exhaust compared to others like borla and such?? Great vids BTW I would love to take mine out to the track but just on a pavement track no Dirt (I just got mine I wanna keep the paint looking nice) ;-)

Primaris

Established Member
6SpeedLover,
Thanks for the props, man. If your serious about going fast leave the car alone and get out to your local autocross/track day and learn first. I still get schooled, from time to time, out on the autocross course. Then make educated changes to the car. Most of the stuff sold for the SVTF is bunk.

SVTFsOnIcBlUe,
The MBRP does not do the "Ricer Mating Call" and does not sound like a fart can. It's very different than the typical ricer sound. The MBRP is not as deep as the borla and the MPRP is louder. You might want to try an off road pipe with the stock exhaust for more volume, but I see your in CA so you would have to put the cat back on for your emissions tests.

I only race (track day) on pavement. My SCCA region has just started up a rally cross program but I can't bring myself to further abuse the SVTF doing it. (So I'm looking for a sub $1000 sporty beater if anyone knows of any)

If you're more of a washer/waxer type, not that there is anything wrong with that :p , give a track day a try but use blue masking tape to protect your car and stick to the slower/beginner group. From tracking/autocrossing my car it is missing the front fender liners, paint around the front and rear wheel wells, the rear fender liners are getting worn through, and the rocker panels look like they have been sandblasted from the sticky tires throwing crap at the paint. But I love it.

The funny thing is I find I can't get the same, fun, excitement, whatever, from driving fast on back roads and such as I use to. I guess deep down I know you just can't push the car as hard on the street since you never know what will be around the next bend and my skill has developed to a level where I can take roads at speeds that would have scared the bejesus out of me in the past. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread