New VMP TVS elbows are in for the Cobra

bad93svt

Established Member
04orangepeel. Rhis would net us around 30 hp over our bbk units...

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
Is the 4" tube of the JLT a restriction now with the 5" opening of the VMP TB?

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Good stuff! Compliment this larger TB and elbow with a set of longtubes and really see some power gains!!

TVSCobra

Established Member
Good stuff! Compliment this larger TB and elbow with a set of longtubes and really see some power gains!!

I did exactly that and a new Reman motor (no dyno number on this motor). Also adding a Gen III killer chiller.

New dyno numbers, MAF setup and a retune by Justin this fall.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I tried today and had issues with the new style JLT RAI using the 5 to 4.5 coupler with the 45 degree bend. I should have ordered the straight coupler. So I had to put my Dragon stuff back on.

members with the VMP TB or FRPP throttle bodies with the new inlet installed. Please post info and pics and what intake you are running.

Thank you.

46stang

Established Member
So if you're ordering the TVS blower, do you just pick the inlet you want to go with it? And is there an additional charge for the new huge inlet? Also what is the price for that sweet looking TB by VMP, that I assume goes with it? Just curious, because that looks like a sweet setup!! Very impressed.

TVSCobra

Established Member
So if you're ordering the TVS blower, do you just pick the inlet you want to go with it? And is there an additional charge for the new huge inlet? Also what is the price for that sweet looking TB by VMP, that I assume goes with it? Just curious, because that looks like a sweet setup!! Very impressed.

PM Senkak.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member

Click here for the info you need.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Rick

Supercharger Upgrades: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

46stang

Established Member
Thank you, for the link! This may have to be a Christmas present to myself!! I will work on the wife and let you know! lol.

TVS VERT

Established Member
Is the 4" tube of the JLT a restriction now with the 5" opening of the VMP TB?

I think it is as well

Was thinking the same thing when I done my install... I would personally like a larger intake tube

This is what i was thinking, use the driver side intake setup from the Lysolm Twin Screw, its a 5 inch setup comes all required hardware im thinking it may require a little work to fit perfectly on the passenger side but i think it would be a worth while addition.....ill be looking into this soon.....And a correction to my original statement svt4me38 made the suggestion to me.

Here is a pic of the setup:

http://www.lysholm.us/images/5-inch_inlet_upgrade_for_2003-2004_cobra.jpg

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I am running an old C&L elbow we had laying around.
Probably need to upgrade but my numbers and track times seem pretty good.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I have the C&L elbow.. that thing is a heat magnet..being made out of aluminum....
Sounds like the lysolm guys had a idea going...

like for me: 5 inch TB, to the C&L intake to a 90mm maf..... I would have to say the maf is the first restriction then the inside size of the heat soaked C&L tube...

TVS VERT

Established Member
Looking at going the lysolm intake route it's a $600 setup but will sell my JLT and SCT 3000 maf I should be able to soften the $600 blow... Seeing it comes with intake, 123mm maf, harness and filter .

Or I just fab up my own setup

Users who are viewing this thread