New Wheel Opinions

Which option do you like better between the chicane and speedsix?

• Chicane

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Speedsix

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tkaugh29

Established Member
Hey there,

Im just seeing what you guys thinks of my ideas for new wheels. I already have a pretty solid idea which way im gonna go but just want to see what everyone else thinks, maybe someone has a good idea for me.

Ill be getting the wheels in 18x9/11. The pictures ive added arent exactly what im thinking but give a really good idea.

#1)First option is a TF Chicane, black face with red lip, the lip would be the same red that is seen on 10th anniversary cobras (seats). Also the centre caps im thinking would say "svt" with the lettering in red and the rest black.

chicanesredlip.jpg

#2) The second option would be the same color scheme as the first option but the wheel would be a TF speedsix. Here is a wheel on a truck, but it gives a pretty good idea.

denaliredlip.jpg

Here is a couple shots of my car just so you have an idea what im working with.
cobra.jpg

cobrarear.jpg

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Go with Option 1, the Chicanes. Option 2 is too close to what you have now. If you're going to change, than make it a decent change.

Personally, I would keep what you have. The red lip might look good, but I think the polished is nicer.

beastmar

Established Member
Go with Option 1, the Chicanes. Option 2 is too close to what you have now. If you're going to change, than make it a decent change.

Personally, I would keep what you have. The red lip might look good, but I think the polished is nicer.

I agree. I'd keep the rims that you have now

Tkaugh29

Established Member
I like my rims now too, but the only reason Im changing is because they are 19" and I want 18's. The 19's are too big.

Teej281

Established Member
No they're not...they look sexy as hell!!! The chicanes you posted pics of belong to my friend. They look really hot on his fobra. The only thing in that car that isnt cobra, or better, is the motor. Has a T56 already and an IRS.

I'd personally keep the wheels you have right now man.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I agree, 19s are to big. But, I'm an old timer and most young guys like BIG rims. I run 18s 'cause of my brakes are 6-piston with 14" disc. I would NEVER go above 18".

racerbox77

Established Member
What are your current rims? Those look sick! I'd keep them. If you really want red lips just have those done.

I have two buddies that have 03/04 Cobra's with CCW's 19's on front and 20's on the rear and they look pimp!

Last edited:

Tkaugh29

Established Member
The rims I have now are "19inch iForged Aero's". The ONLY reason I'm getting new rims is because I want 18's. That is the only reason. I love the way to rims look and they are wicked rims but I think they are a little big. Plus they came with the car and I'd like to put my own touch on the car too.

Thanks for the opinions and compliments everyone.

Just an update as well, Ive gone ahead and ordered the 18" Chicanes with the black spokes and red lip. should have them in a couple months.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I agree, 19s are to big. But, I'm an old timer and most young guys like BIG rims. I run 18s 'cause of my brakes are 6-piston with 14" disc. I would NEVER go above 18".

AGREED!:rockon::beer:

The rims I have now are "19inch iForged Aero's". The ONLY reason I'm getting new rims is because I want 18's. That is the only reason. I love the way to rims look and they are wicked rims but I think they are a little big. Plus they came with the car and I'd like to put my own touch on the car too.

Thanks for the opinions and compliments everyone.

Just an update as well, Ive gone ahead and ordered the 18" Chicanes with the black spokes and red lip. should have them in a couple months.

A good outcome no doubt!

Massive rims = silly HEAVY bling:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread