New Wheels and Tires

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Figured I would show you my new wheels and tires I put on yesterday. I finally got around today to snap a picture of them. We had 75 degree weather today, so it was perfect cleaning weather, well, other than the 60 mph wind. I got these wheels and tires off of ebay. It's your OEM 01 Cobra wheels, wrapped in Goodyear Eagle ZRs (Gatorbacks). I haven't had a chance to play in the wheels yet. From what I have heard they are ok, but not as good as my old BFGoodrich KDWS wheels. I couldn't pass up the price on ebay :)

Since I can't seem to attach the picture here is a link
http://24.95.93.109/Humor/Cobra.jpg

Anyone know why I don't have rights to attach a photo?

Cheers :beer:
Ryan

apollo7

Established Member
Did you get them from the guy in Sarasota (FL)? I was happy with mine as well, except the Goodyears he gave me cracked/dryrotted quick. Also what size tire did you get? I got 255/40/17 which are too wide up front for the 8 inch rim.

They look awesome though, congrats.:bowdown:

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by IDRXDOC
Did you get them from the guy in Sarasota (FL)? I was happy with mine as well, except the Goodyears he gave me cracked/dryrotted quick. Also what size tire did you get? I got 255/40/17 which are too wide up front for the 8 inch rim.

They look awesome though, congrats.:bowdown:

No, I bought mine from a person up in Michigan. I just got the standard 245/45/17. I wanted to go with a wider and better tire, but couldn't pass it up for the price. The tires seem to be great. They are definitely brand new. I can't believe the max air pressure is 44 psi. Doesn't that seem a little high? I put 35 all around in them.

What do you think?

:beer:
Ryan

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by GIDIEUP
No, I bought mine from a person up in Michigan. I just got the standard 245/45/17. I wanted to go with a wider and better tire, but couldn't pass it up for the price. The tires seem to be great. They are definitely brand new. I can't believe the max air pressure is 44 psi. Doesn't that seem a little high? I put 35 all around in them.

What do you think?

Ryan

I have those tires and never go above 32! 44 is max.. no one runs at the max level... They will wear out very quickly at that level; not to mention they will drive like crap!

Scary

PS: how much did you give for them... I saw a set on Ebay going for over $800. Anyone want to buy mine?

Last edited:

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by ScaryGT
I have those tires and never go above 32! 44 is max.. no one runs at the max level... They will wear out very quickly at that level; not to mention they will drive like crap!

Scary

PS: how much did you give for them... I saw a set on Ebay going for over $800. Anyone want to buy mine?

I spent 945 for the wheels and tires. I thought it was a good deal since tirerack.com had the tires going for 133 a piece. The wheels had never been mounted before.
Ryan

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by Jwilliams
Lets go offroadin!! hehe, nice wheels

Thanks :) If I ever curb it (which I won't) I think I'll break down and cry like a little girl who lost her barbie:cryying:

:thumbsup:
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread