New Wheels / Exhaust -- non-Mustang warning

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Well, after a long wait I have my new wheels on the car. I first ordered some SSRs back in January, but the company declared bankruptcy before mine were built… after spending a week or two contemplating which wheels to get, I settled on the Work VS-KFs in silver. They arrived via UPS and one of the fronts was damaged. I don’t completely blame UPS since Work does a crappy job of packing/protecting their products. I finally received the new front wheel last week and now have them on the car. The pics don't really do them justice - probably my camera, but they look 100x better in person.

They are 18x9 front and 18x11 rear, so I had the fenders rolled took a 3lb hand drilling hammer to the inner fender frame rails. I sealed off the rolled fender lips with 3M body sealer, then sprayed over it with undercoating.

The tires are Pirelli Pzero Corsas and are 265/35 front and 295/30 rear.

wheels1.jpg

wheels2.jpg

wheels4.jpg

wheels5.jpg

wheels6.jpg

corsatread.jpg

wheelmoneyshot.jpg

In addition to the wheels is the new HPF Goliath exhaust (4”).
hpf_goliath.jpg

hpf_goliath3.jpg

hpf_goliath2.jpg

HPDE/AutoX numbers:
autoxnumbers.jpg

...and the requisite warning sticker! :D
warningsticker.jpg

AcrophobicChevy

.......¯\(O_o)/¯......
Established Member
ill trade stickers..i have one i got from a friend that says this vehicle is equipt with a turbo...which my truck will eventually be but i dont like false advertising.,..where did you get that sticker..

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
Wheels look really nice. Something different, at least... it looks like every supra out there has the same wheels. uuummmm... 4" exhaust is freaking huge, man! Nice car anyway. And please, if you get a bodykit, go subtle, nothing rice just please please PLEASE!!

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
Thanks everybody! :)

Haha! The "warning" sticker is from here: Airbag

Yes, the 1997 model was the 15th anniv. of the Supra and has "limited edition" badges on the fenders. Kind of silly IMO though since there was nothing limited about them (other than production numbers, but that goes for all years of the MkIV).

I had an S281 that turned out to be a piece of crap - no Cobra though. That's actually why I joined this site... I knew Ford would be buying back my Saleen and was looking hard at the 03 Cobra to replace it.

Oh, and it will never get a body kit or different wing. I think these cars look perfect as they left the factory.

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Supra's have a sweet exhaust tone when you get on the gas...doesnt sound ricey at all beautiful supra bro... :thumbsup: :rockon:

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
D19 said:
Looks good man. Really good. Sux you left Texass though.
Thanks Dan. If I lived in DFW, H-town or SA I would not have minded so much. I'm happy to be back on the east coast though. :)

deannyc said:
blame UPS I work for them.
LOL! Well, Work didn't do UPS any favors. Each wheel is packed with a piece of cardboard on top, and one on bottom... :eek: From what I'm told, the better companies out there use styrofoam moulds.

Thanks everyone else! :) When I last dyno'd the car it was 300whp. That was a couple years ago bone stock, with even the OEM airbox/paper filter and after a 3 hour drive from Del Rio to San Antonio... right onto the dyno (where they didn't have a fan). I wasn't really planning to dyno again anytime soon, but with the cold air box and the 4" exhaust... I may do it just to get an idea of how it improved. I also have an after-market clutch that will get more power to the wheels I believe.

stangfreak

Established Member
eh you got some lips on those rims boy lol i like how you put the dollar bill there. thats actually the best lookin supra. very clean, nothing fancy and just looks dead stock besides the wheels. awesome car bro

Users who are viewing this thread