New wheels fitment isusse

Walk2Much

Established Member
So I just put some new wheels and tires on. Here is what seems to be the problem... on the driver side rear wheel, the wheel sticks out about 1/2" further than the passenger side. I don't think this was like this with the stock wheels. Does anybody have any idea what might be going on?? It has the stock supension.

ivandrea

Established Member
Did you do any suspension work? Lowering spring, etc. Sounds like the rear is offset. Not all that uncommon. If you put an adjustable pan hard rod you can take care of the issue and center it properly.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah the rims are all wrong. One is wider than the other. Need to send them back and get it fixed. Someone wasn't checking tolerances. Really you need an adjustable panhard bar to center the rearend. They are a little off from the factory and only get exaggerated with any wider wheels or tires. Get a fairly decent one. about 150-200 will do.

Walk2Much

Established Member
Did you do any suspension work? Lowering spring, etc. Sounds like the rear is offset. Not all that uncommon. If you put an adjustable pan hard rod you can take care of the issue and center it properly.

No suspension work done. That's still completely stock.

Walk2Much

Established Member
Thanks I'll look into the panhard par.it's not off by much but it's enough to catch my eye every time I walk by it.

How much adjustment can a panhard give me?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
More than enough to center the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread