new wheels for the z06

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
I feel kind of akward posting things on here about a non ford... but I figure I know enough of you guys, and I may get a pass for now :rockon:

I had been looking ay buying a new set of wheels for sometime now... I was struggling with sizes... stay stock? go with 19/20 combo?

Then this came along...

HRE540R's w/ gloss black centers. Stock sizes, so 18/19 combo with ~6000miles on them. Tires have about 1000miles on them (Nitto Invos)... all that for 3000 shipped

I just bought them last night, so I hope to get them by early next week. I did do a 10second photoshop job (scale is not correct), to see what they would look like:

wheelso.png

will post real pictures next week once they are on! (hopefully before some of us go to OBX!)

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

your car, so that is all that matters. love the HRE quality, but not digging these wheels on your car. your car color screams chrome. although, I am known to be more of a chrome person than colored wheel person.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Regardless of liking or not liking your new wheels I am pretty sure I can go out on a limb and say most of us in maca have absolutely no problem seeing and hearing about that sweet sweet c6z! I would sell both of my cobras for one but still wouldn't be able to afford the second car note. Keep us updated!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
your car, so that is all that matters. love the HRE quality, but not digging these wheels on your car. your car color screams chrome. although, I am known to be more of a chrome person than colored wheel person.

Agree 100%.

However, it's still a C6Z, so it's one of the coolest cars around, regardless of wheel choice. :rockon::rockon:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
First off once MACA always MACA! It is a bad ass car and I love the color! It is the color I would want..well except for yellow..that is first. LOL! Nice wheels but, I am with J on this one....I say the chrome stock look AWESOME...or replace with another chrome wheel. Not a fan of the black wheel. I am trying to like them but, just not there yet. But, to each his own..if you like them then they work!:banana:

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
First off once MACA always MACA! It is a bad ass car and I love the color! It is the color I would want..well except for yellow..that is first. LOL! Nice wheels but, I am with J on this one....I say the chrome stock look AWESOME...or replace with another chrome wheel. Not a fan of the black wheel. I am trying to like them but, just not there yet. But, to each his own..if you like them then they work!:banana:

i'm really not a fan of chrome. brushed aluminum would have been ideal, but when I am getting a hell of a deal, I can deal with black centers w/ a polished lip

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
i'm really not a fan of chrome. brushed aluminum would have been ideal, but when I am getting a hell of a deal, I can deal with black centers w/ a polished lip

I could do brushed aluminum...that's pretty cool.

Oh yeah I know...those HRE's are ridiculous expensive...I looked at those and was like holy $hit batman!

TRBO VNM

agree, love the color, blue is my favorite color and do love the car. although it was time consuming when we did the pads on that thing. lol

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
first off once maca always maca! It is a bad ass car and i love the color! It is the color i would want..well except for yellow..that is first. Lol! Nice wheels but, i am with j on this one....i say the chrome stock look awesome...or replace with another chrome wheel. Not a fan of the black wheel. I am trying to like them but, just not there yet. But, to each his own..if you like them then they work!:banana:

+1

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
well if you asked...the chrome looks way better! but hey its yout car and you got a good deal, now sell them and get better chrome ones.ha. so are you still racing the bike?

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Sorry man but I think your old rims look much much better. The HREs are nice too but imo they're just too busy... the wheel has to many things going on and it doesn't match the smooth long lines of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread