New Whipple blowers

camcojb

Established Member
I responded to a post by Dustin Whipple about their new blowers coming out on this and other boards. We e-mailed back and forth but basically he has a 2.3 and a 3.3 blower and is offering a rebate to KB owners who will pull off their KB and install one of his blowers. VERY confident that it will easily outperform the KB. I'm waiting on more info from Dustin right now but they should have some info on the site next week.

Anybody know more as far as the size of the rebate and pricing on these blowers?

Jody

camcojb

Established Member
Okay, got a response from Dustin. Retail price is not nailed down yet but they're figuring them to come in at $3995 to $4395. They use a completely different upper manifold, coming from the rear and winding around the drivers side. They fit with no mods to the hood or firewall. They will move a LOT of air.

Group buy is out, but JDM has pre-ordered several units so possibly we can do something with him. The rebate for removing the KB is a couple hundred dollars and possibly a shirt/hat/?

Timeline is 4 weeks on the 2.3 blower and 6-8 on the 3.3. Little more info.....the 2.3 smog-legal kit comes with 15 psi pulleys; it can be run to as many psi as a KB however and they have pulleys to do that. The 3.3 blower can be run to 35 psi!
:eek:

Jody

Last edited:

camcojb

Established Member
The KB sized 2.3 blower will be $2900 or so. Pretty comparable to the KB but they claim it outflows it.

Last edited:

camcojb

Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
compareable??? its more than a grand differance

Where'd you buy your KB for $1900? I paid $2895 for mine, same price as the Whipple 2.3.

Jody

Last edited:

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
I don't think he noticed that it comes with a new upper manifold and it out flows it anything out there on the market. Or the fact that the 3.3, yes 3.3 can run 35 psi..

andy

Sucks Gas, Hauls A$$!
Established Member
http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1170

Ford 2000-2004 5.4L/2 Valve Lighting

Coming soon!

FINALLY A BETTER OPTION

2.3 Liter Whipple Twin screw supercharger
Axial supercharger case entry offers nearly 10% higher efficiency than radial entry compressors
Bolt-on system
Same supercharger as the new Ford GT, 06' Lighting and Mercury Marine 1075HP EFI
Superior reliability, has passed all of Fords endurance test
Superior performance to ALL other superchargers
MASSIVE 3.3 Liter race version (optional) to surpass any 2.2L or 2.4L
Black or polished finish available
No oil blow by or remote oil catch system required

Available November 2004, call for more info

hmmm... wonder how they accomplished that(no oil blowby) if thats the oil in the intercooler issue.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by camcojb
Where'd you buy your KB for $1900? I paid $2895 for mine, same price as the Whipple 2.3.

Jody
you have the whipple in your second post as 3900
that is why i say the kb is a grand cheaper as compaired to the whipple
sorry just a misword i guess

camcojb

Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
you have the whipple in your second post as 3900
that is why i say the kb is a grand cheaper as compaired to the whipple
sorry just a misword i guess

Mike, you're correct. The $3900 unit is the 3.3 race blower. Their 2.3 which is comparable to the KB is the same price as the KB. I probably could have worded it better, but I was getting info from them in bits and pieces and posting as I got it. He priced out the race setup first, then later priced the 2.3.

Jody

Last edited:

Pigboy

Does anyone know why the '99 L is excluded ?????
I will be most displeased if I can't put one on my L

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
Originally posted by Pigboy
Does anyone know why the '99 L is excluded ?????
I will be most displeased if I can't put one on my L

probably cause they arent goning to make two castings for the bolt pattern change.:shrug:

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
Hey if anybody is trading a KB in, I would take it off your hands for more than a couple of 100 dollars rebate. Just PM me. If you ask me, that is like throwing out 2900-200(rebate)=2700 dollars for a KB in the trash.

camcojb

Established Member
ronnie said:
Hey if anybody is trading a KB in, I would take it off your hands for more than a couple of 100 dollars rebate. Just PM me. If you ask me, that is like throwing out 2900-200(rebate)=2700 dollars for a KB in the trash.

The rebate was for removing the blower. You still get to keep it!

Jody

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
how would they know if you have a kb or not?
do you have to send a proof like pics and vids of you removing it? :shrug:

Vnomss1

Established Member
probably a stupid question, but when the do the Intercooler Fix on the 99-00 Ls what year intake do they replace it with? Is it a 01-present? My paperwork indicates that they replaced the upper/lower intake and intercooler... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread