New x3 power flash and evol.

shelbypowered

Established Member
:banana:Now mind you I am a rookie at downloading programs but it seems I was sent a new power flash through evol perfom. No instructions- called Fred and he stated it says load custom tune -not on box anywhere- two options load pretune or custom- not on sctflash that I can find- can I reload the stock program and unload it back to the power flash and then add the custom tune- induction system only no pulley- wish I had the number two version- hate to be one of the first to have a new item that was why I waited a year to pick the air induction system- believe the custom tune is programmed if that is the one I need- but when you plug in it does not let you know what you have -will one program overide the next or do you have to reload stock to be sure you are correct? I know I have a program in that is not stock as the gt 500 is crazy powerful with the super charger screaming like hey man what going on- any download tips or thooughts on the x3 a[[reciated

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Knowing Evo, you have up to three different tunes on here, depending on what you ordered.

I don't have a X3, but in X2 land, here's what happens:

Turn the key off, shut the doors, turn off the AC/heater fan, radio, etc. They say to unhook the battery but you don't have to.

Plug the tuner into the OBD port. You get a start up screen that probably says Evo.

You have two options, load a tune or return to stock. Press the appropriate button.

If you press Load Tune (or whatever...just not Ret To Stock) it will pull your stock tune down to the SCT, save it, and load your new one onto the car. You may or may not have an option to adjust other parameters. If so, this is where you'd change gear ratios, etc.

The SCT will tell you everything to do (turn key on/off/etc).

It will not tell you what tune you loaded. It'll load the one you selected if you have more than one on there (pulley vs intake vs both, etc).

If you have doubts about what you did, return it to stock, then reload the tune. It isn't really necessary to return to stock first but I always do, out of habit, just in case something screwed up. I would at least then have the stock tune on board.

Whatever you load onto the car will override the last one. You can't override the stock tune that's saved on the SCT.

Hope this helps.

bj

shelbypowered

Established Member
:banana:starting to make sense- glad you guys are out there- it gained to much power not to have a tune installed however it does not tell you which tune of the two to load and the manu.has no instructions for the x3 wish I had the 2. Why they changed to the x3 I have no idea- all I wanted was the tune for the intake

chuckstang

Established Member
Hey I had a bunch of issues with my X3, finally got a new one and seems to be working but I am only going to play with it now if I absolutely need to!

But if you want any help, I consider myself pretty knowledgeable now about the X3 after talking to SCT for 2 weeks, PM me if you need any help or give me a call

Chuck

shelbypowered

Established Member
:banana: After a couple of attempts at loading the x3 with Fred he said he will send me the x2 as there must be something wrong with the x3- why do they have both when one was working ok. What if anything do you lose when you go to the x2--in my case intake only- is pulley worth the strain on the car and is that offered on the x2?

chuckstang

Established Member
haha go figure, I had to get rid of my X3 because it did not work but I just got another X3 and it is working so far.

For ease of understanding, the X2 and X3 are the same. The choice of mods does not matter, the only difference is the X3 uploads faster, has a larger screen has more datalogging options and more preloaded tunes.

The process as far as what you must do with your now new X2 will be the same as the X3, although some of the wording may change a bit.

Good luck

shelbypowered

Established Member
:banana: got the x2 today and it loaded fine- instructions are vague to a novice and Fred ran me through the tune- the x3 has some issues and after waiting a year to pick the best induction system jdl I was alarmed to find the tuner suspect not just to my car but many others- x2 proven and x3 guilty until proven correct- x2s will run out and by then the x3 should have a clean bill of health- my opinion which does not mean much when I know nothing about these products - thanks Fred for all your help and support

Users who are viewing this thread