New York Auto Show Update.

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
fordification said:
Would I be way out to lunch in saying that possibly they will be unveiling the new Cobra and also a new Shelby Mustang? Say $40k for the Cobra with 450hp 3v 5.4, and a Shelby for $70k with 550hp GT 5.4. There is some separation so their sales won't conflict.

We're dealing with a mustang here. No way would Ford price it above 50k. IMHO, the price cealing for a mustang (any model) is 40k. You go above that and you lose customers to other more prestigous models (BMW, MB, Corvette) that bring more to the table then just a big engine.

fordification

Established Member
AbusiveWombat said:
We're dealing with a mustang here. No way would Ford price it above 50k. IMHO, the price cealing for a mustang (any model) is 40k. You go above that and you lose customers to other more prestigous models (BMW, MB, Corvette) that bring more to the table then just a big engine.

I'm thinking the Cobra is more then a big engine, considering the 03 Cobras were test along side the C06 and Viper. And a Shelby would retain value very well.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
TomBoJangles said:
hey dont throw stones at Thai-Tang yet. lets see whats in the Ford booth at the Javits Center

It will be there at the NY auto show. Brad Barnett from TMS.com asked HTT PERSONALLY if there will be a convertable version as well, he said just 'come to New York'.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
AbusiveWombat said:

If they stick with the 5.4 3v with forged internals and a supercharger, it should cost LESS to make then the 03/04. the GT right now is cheaper then the 04 MSRP option for option. Why would it cost so much more? I would say under $40K with more creature comforts then the last gen.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
toomanymustangs said:
Dang, they are slow moving. I cant wait much longer for a cobra. I wish John coleti was with SVT still.

Why? The 'new crew' is more dedicated to keeping the Mustang as pure and traditional to its nameplate by far then any other team before. Why do you think the fake scoops are finally gone? These guys are throwing around names like Twister Special and California Special as possible SE's.

putawaywet

Established Member
AbusiveWombat said:

Never underestimate the middle aged buyer with disposable income. There are a whole lotta people out there who grew up in the 60's & 70's and can quite easily buy a 70k car for cash and park it in their garage..... right next to their current BMW, Mercedes, Lexus or Porsche.

The Shelby name carries a lot of weight with those kind of folks who long for a return to their youth and now have the $$$ to make it happen.

Brett

crazyhorse06

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
update.

I called SVT and asked specifially about the NY Auto Show. The guy had no idea about it, but, offered to ask his PR guy. After about 15 minutes on hold, he came back and said the official word right now is that they "will be making an announcement at the NY auto show and that he cannot guarantee they will show something." :??:

That really is strange. You gotta wonder what kind of announcement they will make. Could be anything from SVT closing to affiliation with another company (like Shelby, Roush, etc.) to actual info about the car. I felt pretty good when the announcement came that they were going to reveal it, now I am not so sure. :shrug:
I called SVT again today. Now, finally, they say "there should be something there."

Users who are viewing this thread